Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

FCP, Carlow (Four Lakes Retail Park) - Unusual (?) problem.

Options
  • 04-03-2015 7:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭

Had a bit of an issue with the FCP in Carlow's Four Lakes Retail Park last night.

I needed a 15-20min top-up to get me home, so pulled in at the FCP at around 10:15pm. Connected up as normal (my first time using this particular FCP) and charged away while I grabbed a quick coffee.
    20min later, I stopped charging (by pressing 'Stop' on the touch-screen) and proceeded to disconnect when I was prompted. Then the fun started.

The FCP connector wouldn't release from my car no matter what the hell I tried! It was (as far as I can tell) a mechanical problem as it felt like the 'nozzle' was caught at the "12 o'clock position" on the circular charging socket of my Leaf. After 10mins trying, I rang the 1890 number on the FCP and following an unsuccessful walkthrough, I was put through to an Engineer. To be fair, he agreed that there seemed to be little anyone could do remotely and that he'd have to hit the road to see if he could release me. Given that he was based in North Dublin, it looked like I was set for quite a wait, so I persevered for another while.

Eventually, following various degrees of twisting, pulling, pushing and pressing of buttons & release handles (on the nozzle) I managed to escape at 11:20pm. ( I obviously then rang the Engineer to save him a journey).

Anyone else have any similar problems with this, or any other Public Charging Points? Did I do something wrong while plugging-in to bring this upon myself? I'm not sure if I damaged my fast-charge socket in the process and I'm terrified to try another FCP now...

Comments

Advertisement