Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hats on Paddy's Day

Options
  • 04-03-2015 12:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭

Could I just park a van up, blend in and flog? Would the Guards be too busy to care?
    60% margin not sounding too bad, a few clever signs and Bob's yer uncle
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Fionn101

why bother parking. Simply tie a few balloons to your van and join in the parade itself ! this should increase your catchment area.

serious answer though is you require an event licence. the form can be found here http://dublincity.ie/main-menu-services-recreation-culture/casual-trading-licence.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Hire one or two really, really ridiculously good looking women and men to help. It's Paddy's day, people/customers will guaranteed be drinking liquid courage and actually approach them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,345 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

If it's in Dublin, then you get the 'informal' sellers of hats and scarves, like you do at rugby/football matches/concerts who would not be licenced.

However, I would assume there is some sort of control over these sellers from criminal types, a bit like food vans.

Whereabouts are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

Thanks for the info on event licensing - will definitely get this sorted.
    If it's in Dublin, then you get the 'informal' sellers of hats and scarves, like you do at rugby/football matches/concerts who would not be licenced.

However, I would assume there is some sort of control over these sellers from criminal types, a bit like food vans.

Whereabouts are you?

:eek:

I was thinking I'd be a prime target for getting robbed if I had a few hundred quid on me - was going to get a mate to call down to me once or twice and collect... But if my very presence puts me in competition with scum I might find myself in harms way anyway :(

Was planning on doing it in Dublin City Centre, try to triangulate myself between hotels where all the yanks are staying :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

stainluss wrote: »
    Was planning on doing it in Dublin City Centre, try to triangulate myself between hotels where all the yanks are staying :P

Every second corner will have someone selling stuff. Most would consider it 'turf'

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Any americans are also likely to be here a few days before and will no doubt head to one of the many Carrolls gift shops scattered around the city centre to stock up on greenery.

Advertisement