Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tiger lives in SCD

Options
  • 03-03-2015 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭

http://www.pirton.ie/

4 bedroom "luxury" houses starting at 1.27m

Not much more to say really.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

Jaysus - nice view of the road/luas tracks and little or no garden I think. 2007 called and wants it's specs back and prices, I'll pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

The difference is this time only people who can actually afford those prices will be buying those properties.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭Grandpa Hassan

Yes....the problem in 2007 was not the house prices per se, but the leverage of the borrowers. LTVs now are way down, even if some of the prices are back up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Fiat 500 in the driveway in one. I must be rich! I think I'd invest in a better car before I bought one of those houses.

Also at the asking prices could they not have afforded a decent website?

2007 called for the houses, 2003 called for the website, 1921 called for this joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,819 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Fiat 500 in the driveway in one. I must be rich! I think I'd invest in a better car before I bought one of those houses.

2007 called for the houses, 2003 called for the website, 1921 called for this joke.

This.

I lost interest at the point where the illegible italics started fading in and out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

super-high speed CAT 5/6 and AV cabling throughout. Use your mobile device to access realtime security footage from anywhere in the world or to make sure your house is warm and comfortable by the time you get home.
    Is that Cat5, or Cat6?
    And if “exceptional” is not enough, there is no shortage of additional entertainment, security, automation and energy efficiency options available.
    To me, this reads as "no sky dishes allowed, you must use our specially provided entertainment service", as seen in a few developments.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

God- they think a bit of Cat 5 or 6 cable is a feature?
    My townhouse- built in 1996- has 200Mb fibre to the door- and more interconnection and options- than any of these. The last house to sell here- went for 205k (a couple of weeks ago).

Its a massive price to pay- purely for the address- you're not paying for anything else..........

Re- the Fiat 500- if they're only driving in Dublin- it probably makes sense for them. Its a perfectly acceptable car. Many people who are insane about property might be perfectly rationale about cars...........

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭custom_build

One spends a lot more in their house as opposed to their car, I'd take the nice house and cheap car any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,980 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

MAJJ wrote: »
    Jaysus - nice view of the road/luas tracks and little or no garden I think. 2007 called and wants it's specs back and prices, I'll pass.

With lands cost the way they are, gardens in inner Dublin are a thing of the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Aka Ishur

You can really only feel sorry for those who want to live in Dublin be it from necessity or choice. Lack of supply over the coming years will only force prices higher in the county and surrounding areas. We may well see the insanity of Portlaoise being promoted as a commuter town to Dublin once again.

Personally I don't think it can sustain itself and will drive employers out of Dublin. When I look at the 3 bed semi-d that myself and my partner bought, (CAT6 Cabled, stove, new gas zoned central heating, great BER, great garden, in a nice estate, close to great facilities), for just 8% of the price of the cheapest option available above...

I know all about supply and demand but you got to wonder at what point the 'rational consumer' steps in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Barely Hedged

Cheapest option is 2650sq ft which is approximately 246sq m. That equates to 5158 per sq m.

Historical price per sq m in south county Dublin:

2007 - 6179
    2009 - 5083
    2011 - 3826
    2013 - 3971

Not 2007 prices but correct if youre looking at the increases since 2013.

All things considered, its a fair price.

Aka Ishur wrote: »
    You can really only feel sorry for those who want to live in Dublin be it from necessity or choice. Lack of supply over the coming years will only force prices higher in the county and surrounding areas. We may well see the insanity of Portlaoise being promoted as a commuter town to Dublin once again.

Personally I don't think it can sustain itself and will drive employers out of Dublin. When I look at the 3 bed semi-d that myself and my partner bought, (CAT6 Cabled, stove, new gas zoned central heating, great BER, great garden, in a nice estate, close to great facilities), for just 8% of the price of the cheapest option available above...

I know all about supply and demand but you got to wonder at what point the 'rational consumer' steps in.

Assuming that all rational consumers have the same level of income and means.

MAJJ wrote: »

The proximity to the luas tracks is not great selling point.

I dont know any new housing development in Dublin offering large gardens any more. Bit of a null point these days and in the future

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

There's only one place on Daft more expensive in D14 and it's this place http://www.daft.ie/sales/weston-park-churchtown-dublin/1034267/

It's €1m more but it's also 3 times the size on nearly an acre of land. Just below them is a place for 1.25m which is roughly the same size as them all at 2700 sq.ft 5 bed.

Edit: Hilariously, according to that ad Churchtown is only 20 mins from Dublin airport.

Hands up how many people thought Pirton was the antihistamine?

Just had a chance to look at the website there- its a sorry attempt of a website that I'd have been embarrassed to hand-up as project work 20 years ago.......
    Technology is a true feature at PIRTON. Whether its the latest in home entertainment or cutting edge energy efficient heating systems, there is high-end technology throughout.

All homes at PIRTON will be technologically future-proofed with monitored alarms and CCTV security, super-high speed CAT 5/6 and AV cabling throughout. Use your mobile device to access realtime security footage from anywhere in the world or to make sure your house is warm and comfortable by the time you get home.

And if “exceptional” is not enough, there is no shortage of additional entertainment, security, automation and energy efficiency options available.

Future proofed with CAT 5- and security features that many 20 year old developments consider standard? As for rest of their 'options' sounds pretty much a run-down of what a 'nest' system can provide. Its a couple of grand worth of systems- max. Its most certainly not exceptional- its systems you buy off the shelf and have installed with minimal of fuss. Remote security feed monitoring on your mobile phone- I know I setup a DIY version of this at least 6 years ago- with equipment that cost a couple of hundred Euro.........

I'm genuinely puzzled as to why they imagine there is anything exceptional whatsoever- its all pretty run-of-the-mill for a modern home.

Also- this is Dundrum- not Ballsbridge........ Whats the story with a 1m+ priced development- whose main selling point in my mind would be its proximity to the Dundrum Town Centre- and the Luas tracks...........

I don't get it.

Edit: Hilariously, according to that ad Churchtown is only 20 mins from Dublin airport.

By helicopter?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

By helicopter?

Well if you can afford a house over 2mill...

There's only one place on Daft more expensive in D14 and it's this place http://www.daft.ie/sales/weston-park-churchtown-dublin/1034267/

It's €1m more but it's also 3 times the size on nearly an acre of land. Just below them is a place for 1.25m which is roughly the same size as them all at 2700 sq.ft 5 bed.

In terms of size and price per sq m, its a winner and trumps the new houses.

However, not everybody is after a period house

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

One spends a lot more in their house as opposed to their car, I'd take the nice house and cheap car any day.

And where does a bamboo bicycle with a basket full of blue hydrangeas leaned artfully next to a wooden fence fit on your list of priorities?

(That's the photo between Pirton 2 & 3 and it represents "Countryside on Your Doorstep." :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Paying over a millionfor any house thats within 25 meters of another house on any side is complete lunacy . Gardens may not be everyoness requirement, but why build detached 'luxury' homes and just slap the neighbours right next to you.

The one with the basement thats 3850 sq ft, i like the design, if it was sitting on half an acre with electric gates and high trees around it then I could see the value, but what your buying here is a housing estate pretending to be a country manor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

The pricing seems to be a real blast from the past aswell, 1.27 million? As in exactly 1 million punt at the Euro changeover conversion rate? Thats what I always think off when I see either 1.27 or .78 anyway, usually when I find an ancient prizebond or savings certificate at the parents house.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭Tow

It is at the end of Sydenham Villas, the road is a car park (Guards regularly called) when the school (http://www.taneyschool.ie/) starts and finishes. Notice how they do not mention having a National School outside the front door as a benefit! The Luas runs through a cutting along here, so should not be too loud. I would imagine you would get more noise from the running along cars on Overend's Avenue.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

I'd spend the money first on getting my head examined if I was considering that price for a house in the middle of the burbs.

Also I was only being flippant and I know you were too but not everyone does. When I bought my first place in Scotland there were significantly more expensive cars in the car park than the apartments. We just HAVE to spend way more here.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Tow wrote: »
    It is at the end of Sydenham Villas, the road is a car park (Guards regularly called) when the school (http://www.taneyschool.ie/) starts and finishes. Notice how they do not mention having a National School outside the front door as a benefit! The Luas runs through a cutting along here, so should not be too loud. I would imagine you would get more noise from the running along cars on Overend's Avenue.

Where is the site? Hardly the small triangle at the end of the road?

Yeah that's the one. Squeeze 4 houses on that site.

You got it in 1.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

Well Apple Maps had Airfield as a main airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

Tell that to all the folk living in former council houses with Beemers & Audis parked outside!

As for the houses, €480 per square foot to live on the outskirts of Dublin in the traffic-bedevilled hellhole that is Dundrum?
    I'm buying off the plans!

gaius c wrote: »
    Tell that to all the folk living in former council houses with Beemers & Audis parked outside!

There are plenty in council houses with Beemers & Audis parked outside!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Dya reckon?

I'd wager most people that buy such houses would spend very little time in their home, relatively.

Advertisement