Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

road deaths

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,075 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Should have gotten 30 in jail. And never let drive again.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

Cant argue with that,and if the girlfriend was arguing with him and pulling at his hoodie he should have pulled in and told her get out..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

if he got 7 the most he will realistically serve is 4 and most of that in a open prison

the man killed after previously almost killing some one else .

not saying we should go full american but we do need a more robust justice system balanced in favor of the victim

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Tragic story.
    So many lives needless destroyed once again by mindless speeding on our roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭blackbird98

I know if it was my wife/daughter/sister etc, I would want him to do life, but in comparison to some of the other sentences being handed down recently, he got 7 years with none suspended. I would expect an appeal and he'll probably get an even lighter sentence

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

He told gardaí that Ms Potts was pulling on his hoodie and arguing with him in the car before the crash, causing him to lose control of the vehicle.
    What a complete scumbag.

He'll be back on the road in five years time, killing someone else, I can guarantee it.

Animals like this guy have no respect for anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Mr.McLovin

no remorse no leniency

hope they stick to their guns and no reduction in sentencing on appeal

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

4.5 years seems a little light.

Doubling that would be more fair.

Advertisement