Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Curly hair cuts in Dublin

Options
  • 03-03-2015 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Can anyone recommend a good curly hair stylist in Dublin? Or a decent salon?

I've tried The Natural Cut a few times and I know people rave about them, but they've never really wowed me. I always feel like my hair is awkwardly shaped afterwards. Last time I came back with uneven edges that I had to rush back to get fixed and also a bit of a triangle cut. I asked for more layering to help with the shape and was refused. I also found one of their stylists a bit rude and insulting, but perhaps I should save that for yelp...

So...rant over. Where to go? Are any of the high end salons like Brown Sugar any good? Or can anyone recommend a place a bit cheaper? I'm thinking of doing a drastic change in terms of length so I want to get this right. Thanks curly ladies, I owe you one! x

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I go to Alan in Reds, find him amazing

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I go to Sugar Cubed and have always been very happy with the cut.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

`The natural cut never done anything for me but Ross in Little Apple is amazing and ridiculously cheap

https://www.facebook.com/littleapplehairdressing?fref=ts

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dondon.g

Huge thanks for this thread, I took the advice of one post and went to Alan in Reds as I also wanted something different and was a bit dubious about the natural cut. I basically showed him a picture of what I wanted, I he did EXACTLY that!!! He was brilliant, cut my hair in a completely different method to anyone else ive ever gone to. Although no cuppa tea offered, all the staff were very nice and I got a free comb to take home :) it was expensive enough, but the fact I only get my hair cut twice a year, and the fact ive never been happier leaving a hair salon, its well worth the money!

He is amazing! I'm very paranoid about my hair, he's literally the only person I'll let near it. You musta caught them on a bad day as usually there's plenty of tea and coffee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 aglo99

Old thread but I would highly recommend Oliver in Natural Cut for naturally curly hair cut. Over the years I've gone to Oliver for different length styles in Natural cut and have I've always been super pleased with his results. For the past few years I strayed back to high street hairdressers who ruined my curl pattern with wet cuts, so yesterday I was anxious going back to Oliver as I wanted to keep my length but add shape (I've 3a/b curls with some 2a). My curls are now popping back into ringlets again. I generally go in with pinterest photos of what I want and then let him work away to make something similar work in my hair. Two years ago I got a Devachan hair cut in NYC and I can honestly say Oliver in Natural Cut did a way better job yesterday, hence the review as I'm happy I can wear my hair down again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭dragona

Bitten the bullet and have made appointment in Reds. Very pricey, so hope it will be worth it! I have the worst hair known to man, curly underneath, then wavy with some straight bits, a hairdressers nightmare. This is my last resort! Before I take the clippers to it.....

Go to Alan dragona, worth every cent

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭dizzyn

Hessions in Drumcondra did an absolutely amazing job with mine!! Went for a massive change in length and they did not disappoint, honestly couldnt be happier with the cut (I've had a few bad ones!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I go to Hilary in Toni & Guy on Clarendon St (I've been going to her for about 8 years). I have thick, wavy hair that borders on curly and she cuts it beautifully

• Advertisement

dragona wrote: »
    Bitten the bullet and have made appointment in Reds. Very pricey, so hope it will be worth it! I have the worst hair known to man, curly underneath, then wavy with some straight bits, a hairdressers nightmare. This is my last resort! Before I take the clippers to it.....

Well delighted would be an understatement. I have never, and I mean ever, come away from a salon feeling so thrilled. Ever. Worth every cent and more. Highly highly recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭crustybla

Do you guys get dry-cuts? I can't get any salon in the south-east to do mine. I gave up hairdressers 3 years ago as I was so sick of the mass of knots they produce when washing, tear half of it out of my head getting the knots out and when it dries it's all different lengths because of the curls. I'll never forget my last visit, I cried my eyes out in the car on the way home.
    Seriously lads, I've been dry cutting my own hair for 3 years, curl by curl. It's awful, it's also thinned a lot since my youngest was born.
    Should I try Reds, short of a trip to NY for a Deva-do, I'm willing to travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Sheela

crustybla wrote: »
    Do you guys get dry-cuts?

The Natural Cut do dry cuts... I've posted on other threads that I also go to Hilary in Toni and Guy. Been going to her for years and think she's great.

crustybla wrote: »
    Should I try Reds, short of a trip to NY for a Deva-do, I'm willing to travel.

Solenn cut my hair, and I'm thrilled, highly recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭JC43

Katie in poise in milltown is fab for curly thick hair .

Advertisement