Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flying Weasel

Options
  • 03-03-2015 1:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭

Thought this Flying Weasel might be appreciated here. Photos from the UK not Ireland but the sort of thing you wouldn't believe without seeing them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭peking97

That's not a weasel.....that's a Clingon!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,677 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Can that be real?? the chances of catching it on camera must be the same as winning Euromillions and the Irish Lottery on the same day!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Looks fake to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Apparently it is verified as not photoshopped . Strange things happen in Nature all the time: it's a matter of right place right time with a camera.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Looks fake to me.

I would have though the front paw in the first picture would have been grabbing on yet there is no deformation of the feathers? But it probably has its teeth stuck into something.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

If you click this article http://news.sky.com/gallery/1437490/weasel-takes-a-ride-on-a-woodpecker you can see a number of other pictures taken at the same time, though they are very blurred because of the obvious difficulty in focusing on a moving subject.

I think people forget sometimes that a photograph is taken in literally a fraction of a second! But yes, it appears to be very real!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,441 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Yes, lots of different pictures taken at different times, with said weasel in slightly different positions on the woodpecker's back, so unlikely to be a fake. In fact I'd wage that he just hit the shutter button and held it down, so taking hundreds of shots the moment he saw it, and all we're seeing is a small selection of the best ones. He's got a fairly serious camera and lens there too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Amazing.
    B_MiMBBWoAIW7kM.jpg

Advertisement