Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

water in celbridge odd taste

Options
  • 02-03-2015 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Has anyone else noticed an odd taste from the tap water on the Dublin side of Celbridge today?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 jdubbleya

Has anyone else noticed an odd taste from the tap water on the Dublin side of Celbridge today?

Hi, I am in leixlip and the water here is definitely a bit off this evening. Almost a seawater taste. Not good.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 annabelle79

jdubbleya wrote: »
    Hi, I am in leixlip and the water here is definitely a bit off this evening. Almost a seawater taste. Not good.

thanks jdubbleye for the reply, it tastes metallic or something here, Im wondering if there is an increase in something in it, its only been since about 7pm, was fine before that I think, can even taste it after water is boiled.???

Hopefully it's ok tomorrow, it's not good enough for tea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Water in half the country is having an odd taste. My parents in Galway and mine in South Dublin has had this issue. The running theory is that when they install the water meters sediment from the bottom gets "churned up" and affects the taste. Running theory coming from my organic chemist father and toxicologist sister.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,819 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

This happens in North Kildare frequently. KCC always denied it was anything, but clearly it is something. I've always thought it might be over chlorination due to the taste but little to go on for certain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Kids said the water tasted funny last night here in Leixlip. Had a quick taste there and its definitely off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Noticed this last night myself lads! Went out and got bottled water because it was that bad. I'm in Leixlip also.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 annabelle79

my husband said he cant taste anything but I def still can?? I think years of smoking has dulled his tastebuds though! lol
    Both me and my 10 year old said it so went and got bottled water this morning. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Did anyone contact Irish Water? They will respond via Twitter.
    L1011 wrote: »
    This happens in North Kildare frequently. KCC always denied it was anything, but clearly it is something. I've always thought it might be over chlorination due to the taste but little to go on for certain.

The bulk of the water comes from the Leixlip Co. Dublin plant, formerly owned by Fingal Co Co and now in the care of Irish Water. KCC were never more than a customer of that plant.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,819 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

n97 mini wrote: »
    The bulk of the water comes from the Leixlip Co. Dublin plant, formerly owned by Fingal Co Co and now in the care of Irish Water. KCC were never more than a customer of that plant.

I know, Fingal's PFO response was very much missing the P - basically "you're not in Fingal, stop calling us" and a hang up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

The water from Leixlip is terrible, and not good enough for the residents of Lucan, even blended.

Page 3:
    http://www.lucannewsletter.ie/archive/jul272014.pdf

Recently, I tabled an emergency motion at the Council seeking a reversal of changes which saw 100% 'hard' water from Leixlip being supplied to Lucan. I have now received confirmation that all of East Lucan is again receiving 100% 'soft' water, while West Lucan is receiving a blended supply with 60% 'soft' water. I continue to press for 100% 'soft' water for all of Lucan.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭MelachiT

Noticed a strange taste off the water in Finglas yesterday when visiting a friend. Now I get the same taste today in Artane.

It's much better tonight , tea up!

Champion headline, only mentioning Leixlip but its the same supply, claims that a higher than average level of ammonia was detected which was dealt with by adding more chlorine.

Advertisement