Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Delivery from Argos

Options
  • 02-03-2015 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know how argos work this system?
    I want to buy some furniture that is only available for home delivery.
    The items are available for delivery in every store I check.
    There is no argos in my hometown, but two 30 minutes away and another 3/4 an hour away.
    So I tried to order them for delivery to my own address - not available.
    Tried to addresses in towns that have argos' and items available on the online stock checker - still not available.
    How can I get these items?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

They're not sent from the stores, they are sent from a central depot. They don't stock all items in the depot, it tends to be the larger, more expensive items. It says clearly on each item page whether they are available for home delivery or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Thanks for the reply.

It is clearly available for home delivery (within 24 days) only.
    There is an option to 'check stock in your area'.

The items are in my trolley, I check out, but can only get as far as entering my delivery details and then I'm told 'Sorry, all of your items are currently out of stock at your local warehouse. This amount will not be charged to your card.'

I'm on the irish website. If it all is delivered from a central depot, why does it say it's in stock while in my trolley and let me get so far?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Addle wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply.

It is clearly available for home delivery (within 24 days) only.
    There is an option to 'check stock in your area'.

The items are in my trolley, I check out, but can only get as far as entering my delivery details and then I'm told 'Sorry, all of your items are currently out of stock at your local warehouse. This amount will not be charged to your card.'

I'm on the irish website. If it all is delivered from a central depot, why does it say it's in stock while in my trolley and let me get so far?

Is it letting you add it for collection to your trolley or for home delivery? Usually the stock checker relates to your store not delivery depot?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

I click buy for home delivery and they're in my trolley.
    I'm not registered, so I 'continue to checkout'.
    I can enter my details under step 1, but can't get as far as step 2 in the check out process.

Will rung them tomorrow.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,535 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Good old days I bought something off Argos, available only as home delivery.

And it was only possible by visiting store and paying over there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement