Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paolo Nutini - Marlay Park 4th July

Options
  • 02-03-2015 8:22pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭

10615567_10153200477699548_879056706237134283_n.jpg?oh=b85e74650474030a5a9c2a2c8b5b54cb&oe=5576DFFB&__gda__=1435908548_7375d3b9f8f1f6419903d69d8393f8ff

HUGE NEWS!!! Paolo Nutini has announced a big summer outdoor concert at Marlay Park on July 4th with very special guest Imelda May. Also performing on the line up are Alabama Shakes and Gaz Coombes
    Tickets go on sale this Friday, 6th March at 9am from Ticketmaster Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,417 ✭✭✭✭cson

How many times has he played Ireland in the last year? Olympia x2/EP/Three Arena x2?

Surely everyone has seen him at this stage?!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

That's a nice 'safe' line up and also a good price for a summer gig.
    Should sell well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Anyone know what alcohol they will be selling at this? Im hoping that Heineken have their new cider at it, as i don't drink beer or wine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

andreac wrote: »
    Anyone know what alcohol they will be selling at this? Im hoping that Heineken have their new cider at it, as i don't drink beer or wine.
    Do they still just make you take the lid of the "water" bottles or have you to dump it on the way in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Anybody got any ideas on what the parking/travel arrangements will be like for this? I'm travelling from Carlow so wondering if there is parking somewhere within walking distance or if it is park and ride (details?)

• Advertisement

tommycahir wrote: »
    Anybody got any ideas on what the parking/travel arrangements will be like for this? I'm travelling from Carlow so wondering if there is parking somewhere within walking distance or if it is park and ride (details?)

There is parking at the gig. You can park in marley park.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sohappy

Anyone been to an evening gig here before ? do you know what time this gig would probally finish at ? Gates open at 4pm 3 acts before Nutini,

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Torn about going to this at all. Have tickets, and was excited, but Marlay park is such a pain in the t*ts to get to!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,417 ✭✭✭✭cson

If you got the weather they're going to get for Aviici (which will be wasted on them) it'll be a deadly gig.

I just broke and booked onto a coach from home. So getting excited again! Caught some of his set at EP last year (despite none of my friends wanting to go!) and it was surprisingly intense!

Just got an email from TM about banned items and anti social behaviour- wondering if they're expecting trouble :eek:

• Advertisement

mejulie805 wrote: »
    I just broke and booked onto a coach from home. So getting excited again! Caught some of his set at EP last year (despite none of my friends wanting to go!) and it was surprisingly intense!

Just got an email from TM about banned items and anti social behaviour- wondering if they're expecting trouble :eek:

Might see ya there :D

Ah good woman andreac! I didn't even see your name further up!

mejulie805 wrote: »
    Ah good woman andreac! I didn't even see your name further up!

Ha ha, no prob. Few of us heading there, should be good craic. Ill be the one drinking cider, sshhh dont tell slimming world lol. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

anyone know stages times for this concert. heading up from carlow and dont want to be there for some of the earlier acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭glack

Huge Paolo fan but I've never been to Marley Park before. What's it like as a venue? Still tickets available so I'm tempted....

• Administrators Posts: 53,459 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

sohappy wrote: »
    Anyone been to an evening gig here before ? do you know what time this gig would probally finish at ? Gates open at 4pm 3 acts before Nutini,

Be over by 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

glack wrote: »
    Huge Paolo fan but I've never been to Marley Park before. What's it like as a venue? Still tickets available so I'm tempted....

Lovely venue... especially if you get the weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭thesultan

question on the venue. I thinking of taking a hotel in Dun loaighre. IS it far ? What would the best mode of transport to take from the hotel and after back to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,545 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

thesultan wrote: »
    question on the venue. I thinking of taking a hotel in Dun loaighre. IS it far ? What would the best mode of transport to take from the hotel and after back to it?

Its miles away but you may be able to get the last 75 bus. Theres a stop very near the park.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/75/

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭shaddupayaface

Transport for Ireland have a webpage with all transport information getting to and from the gig. Handy map too!!

http://www.transportforireland.ie/marlay-park-2015/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 threepennys

Would be incredibly helpful if MCD/Ticketmaster had that transport link on their websites!

Just seen an email from MCD with stage times:
    Stage Times
    PAOLO NUTINI - 21:15
    IMELDA MAY - 19:45
    ALABAMA SHAKES - 18:30
    GAZ COOMBES - 17:30

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭tommer

Hi I'm heading up to the concert tomorrow and its a first time for me what do I expect in relation to getting a drink and food and what to wear, total novice here thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

The Nal wrote: »
    Its miles away but you may be able to get the last 75 bus. Theres a stop very near the park.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/75/

Might be worth checking with Dublin Bus about any possible rerouting of the 75 on the night, if you're relying on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭thesultan

Would I be right on this get the No 7 bus at Drumkeen Manor to Bloomfield Shopping centre and get off at arogs and get the number 75 to Marley?

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Movie Maestro

What do people think the ground will be like tomorrow for Paolo? Likely to be in bits after tonights Avicii gig? I know its supposed to rain later tonight :(

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭tara83

Anyone know how long the Marathon coaches take to get out and back again after the concert? Hoping to make O Connell st for 12:30 afterwards.

What's the best option to get from city centre and back again?

Tks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

Luas from St Stephens Green to Dundrum station takes about 10 minutes. The 14 buses stops across the road. Get the bus to Supervalu in Ballinteer or Stonemasons Way (16 will leave you at stonemasons way as well) and walk ahead straight down the road. There are loads of stewards who will point you in the right direction. the easiest place to get the 14 and 16 leaving town is dolier street. the 14 will leave you in dame street on the way back into town. I think the last luas into town is 12.30 am

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Would be incredibly helpful if MCD/Ticketmaster had that transport link on their websites!

Just seen an email from MCD with stage times:
    Stage Times
    PAOLO NUTINI - 21:15
    IMELDA MAY - 19:45
    ALABAMA SHAKES - 18:30
    GAZ COOMBES - 17:30
    Thanks for those, came here looking for it exactly!
    Might arrive for Alabama Shakes, they're cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭blondeonblonde

Anyone know what the food situation is like at Marley park? Decent stalls or Manky burgers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DC10555

Anyone know what the food situation is like at Marley park? Decent stalls or Manky burgers?

I was at Avicii yesterday and I found it pretty good, the usual inflated prices though. Found a nice bright pink place to the right of the stage to get noodles if you're into that, one of the meu items was "Phuket Noodles" I couldn't rests ordering lol cost me €8 but there was a good portion in it considering you're gonna pay €5 for a hot dog.. :eek:

Other than that I noticed there was a Pizza place, Abra Kebabra and the usual burger places..

Advertisement