Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How often is reasonable for viewings?

Options
  • 02-03-2015 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭

I am renting out a one bed apartment in dublin city and already have a tenant in place.
    getting lots of interest and want to choose my tenant carefully.

With all the interest i'm wondering how often is it reasonable to having viewings without putting my existing tenant out too much?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭SMJSF

my landlord waits until the current tenant has moved out, to redo the paint/tiling/carpets if needed and to give the place a proper clean out, and then does a full afternoon and evening of viewings over a few days. it's easier for future tenants to see the space when they will move in.

I've viewed places when there were current tenants and put me right off because of their belongs and I didn't know what did and didn't come with the apartment, or if there was any problems I'd be left with that I couldn't see (damp, stains, etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭by the seaside

If your tenant is decent enough to allow it (and you seem decent too) why not do a single half day block of viewings?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

As a tenant, the last three owners have done it three different ways.

The first organised lots of single viewings, at different times.

The second waited until we moved out before having any viewings (and actually we recommended the place to a friend, who took it, so he never had to do any in the end).

The third held all the viewings in one evening, about 30 people came at once (formed a queue) with us at home at the time to keep an eye on our things.

Obviously the second option put us out the least. But of the other two I would definitely prefer the third. One clean cut - an hour out of our evening and it was done. Much prefer that to having the owner come back again, and again. It can become unreasonable pretty quickly.

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Also keep in mind OP that the tenant may not agree to viewings while they are still living there.

Advertisement