Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Advice on art teaching jobs?

• 02-03-2015 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

I have been working towards becoming an art teacher for about 6 or 7 years now, when I first started out the only requirements where an ordinary level 7 degree in fine art and a 1 year hdip. By the time I reached my 3rd year of fine art you had to have the 4th year level, by the time i finished my 4th year the hdip was made into a two year course. Before this I could have all fees paid for my hdip including getting the btea. Then you had to be on the dole for a year before you would get your feed paid, so iv been taking a year out, now I understand that its actually 18 months you have to unemployed in order to get all fees paid. Financially I cant cover the fees even with the contribution help from the government. Its all or nothing. Im beginning to lose hope, its like the closer I get to my goal another obstacle gets thrown in my way. Iv been working on and off in a special needs school for the past 7 years and have received and excellent reference from the school principle, iv even set up my own art classes for kids and teenagers and for what? unemployment? I hear the jobs for art teachers are non existent. Should I just change direction now before I put in another 2 years of training? Maybe its not meant to be?

Advertisement