Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The most Crinchworthy Kitsch you've encountered

Options
  • 02-03-2015 10:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭

I encountered this souvenir in a large newsagent, now that St Patrick's day is coming up. Die Cast and Free Wheeling. Yeaah!!!!!:( What meaningless kitsch have you seen as a souvenir/ toy or otherwise?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

That's not too bad really when compared to the likes of the leprechaun outfits and such that are also available. If you had a young nephew or that he'd be happy enough if you took him home a green bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,817 ✭✭✭stimpson

Anyone who drives along Drumcondra road will probably recognise this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

stimpson wrote: »
    Anyone who drives along Drumcondra road will probably recognise this.

Jesus,Mary and Joseph.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

My daughter buys me a kitsch present every year, all time favourites is the Korean Swiss chalet cuckoo clock made out of genuine faux wood (it says so on the label) and the Dolphin fountain with birdsong effect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭SweetChaos

I miss the green buses . London had the black taxi's , new york has the yellow ones and we had the green buses

I seen turf being sold as a souvenir once

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Skull of St Patrick, small and large, the small one was from when he was a kid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭akura

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Your typical schools level GAA trophy as seen on sideboards across the land.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

A jar of Irish air...hermetically sealed in the back kitchen of the local souvenir shop.

Advertisement