Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rearing pet/suck lambs

Options
  • 01-03-2015 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

anyone know would there be much financial benefit in rearing a couple of pet lambs if they were bought at maybe E20/25 each ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,293 ✭✭✭arctictree

4512 wrote: »
    anyone know would there be much financial benefit in rearing a couple of pet lambs if they were bought at maybe E20/25 each ?

Very little money to be made for the work involved, even if you have an auto feeder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Takes some meanness to charge for pet lambs...considering a lot of farmers view them as hassle....I remember when I was small helping out on neighbour farms I used pets for nothing to take away :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

See some lads looking for €35 each for them on donedeal. Grand if you've a foster ewe available, other then that would mean a lot of work for little reward.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

You might make money at 20 but at 35!

Chancers!

Advertisement