Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

no maths . :) fail lc? :)

Options
  • 01-03-2015 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

hi hi ,

I have no idea about maths, its like I fell to a really low point and did not have time to do maths and I have fallen behind many years.

going to fail my lc maths, means i fail lc.

so, o.k, that is that. well o.k but the question is what can I do? like the course? or what?

thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,121 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Failing Maths does not mean you fail the Leaving Cert..

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭emersyn

It does hugely limit the universities that you can be accepted to though. Is there a chance that you could pass foundation level?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 sheepboy288

emersyn wrote: »
    It does hugely limit the universities that you can be accepted to though. Is there a chance that you could pass foundation level?

Maybe I should just quit the society of humans? and build a wooden cabin or something and move in with nature?

any opinions? is it possible?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Troxck

Maybe I should just quit the society of humans? and build a wooden cabin or something and move in with nature?

any opinions? is it possible?

No need to go to that. What do you want to do after sixth year? University, PLC, apprenticeship or straight into work? Failing Maths will severely limit your choices of colleges but you can still get a course without it. What level are you doing now? Did you sit the Mock in it, what did you get?

Even if you were to fail Maths, you could just repeat Mathematics on its own next year to get you the matriculation. Now you won't get any extra points, you'll get the points from this year but at least you would have passed Maths.

There is 4~ months left before the exams, if you were to work hard at any level now you will probably get a D3.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭jrmb

UCD Arts, DIT Journalism and IADT English are among loads of courses that accept students who didn't sit maths at all.

DIT also considers one E to be a pass if you get 3 honours besides. Where in the country are you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 sheepboy288

o.k, thanks for the replies. o.k, an e/ most likely I get a F because I'm not that smart.

o.k then, that is that. I ****ed up! wonderful. this is great.

oh well, because the tests of course will be the biggest load of crap I'm going to build a wooden cabin in the mountains/forests and join with mother nature.

I'm going to do this: I will build a hobbit hole and live in the ground with the nature.
    youtube.com/watch?v=8RhbRwWqSfA

youtube.com/watch?v=AJ-9mk3sSvM

I will also start my own society, calling it the fungi nature society. we live with mother nature...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

What are you doing to remedy the situation?
    There are a lot of maths resources online such as:
    https://www.khanacademy.org/math
    Look at the syllabus and find resources that match.

There's very little point just being defeatist when there are so many little things you can do that can greatly help.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,121 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Methinks some people just like a bit of notice.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I will also start my own society, calling it the fungi nature society. we live with mother nature...

You could try that..

Or you could try your best to pass maths. You still have over 3 months.

You could find out what the implications are if the worst comes to worst and you do end up failing it.

You could tell us what you want to do so we can help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Hi op,
    I failed maths for the LC last year (albeit by 1-2%) but trust me, it's not the end of the world. I still got into my preferred course but just in a different college on the basis of passing their maths exam that they host themselves. There are many universities and ITs that have this exam, I suggest looking it up and having a read into it. Off the top of my head, UL and CIT offer the maths exam to those that have enough points for their course but failed the maths requirement.

Good luck with your leaving cert and don't worry, the world won't end if you fail :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement