Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Habitable room/attic

Options
  • 01-03-2015 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭

when planning my house I specifically said I wanted the attic converted, but the plans have storage in it with a velux window,
    Is there a certain height/width Id need to convert my attic, also if I do have the required space do I need to reapply
    For permission for a habitable room,
    Here's the space I have.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭ronn

Bump, ???

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Why did you not get what you asked for?
    Have you paid for plans that dont meet your requirements?

There are definitions for habitable rooms but before we get to that, being three storey with habitable rooms means a much higher standard to meet fire regs so I suspect what has happened is to keep the planning costs down etc, your wish got over-ruled and the idea is that they think you will muddle through...

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Looking at the section I don't think you can meet the requirements for a habitable room in the attic.

Why did you not get what you asked for?
    Have you paid for plans that dont meet your requirements?

There are definitions for habitable rooms but before we get to that, being three storey with habitable rooms means a much higher standard to meet fire regs so I suspect what has happened is to keep the planning costs down etc, your wish got over-ruled and the idea is that they think you will muddle through...

No I haven't paid as yet, I'm just trying to get answers here first, my planning permission has been approved and I reckon he forgot to put in for the habitable room, So I don't want him saying I didn't have the room that's why he didn't apply for it and then telling me that Id have to pay to reapply for planning, the budget has nothing to do with him so that's not the problem,
    Thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Is this dwelling In rural Ireland? Did you consider that the planners may not accept a 3 storey house. Go and talk to the designer.

• Advertisement

BryanF wrote: »
    Is this dwelling In rural Ireland? Did you consider that the planners may not accept a 3 storey house. Go and talk to the designer.

No it's in a town/estate, I know planning can be refused, but if you don't ask you never know, so I'm thinking he forgot to put in for it and he'll expect me to pay to reapply, he's forgotten a lot of things and made a good few cock ups, only for my builder Id be screwed,

Advertisement