Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Importing a training blunt unsharpanable balisong. Is it legal?

Options
  • 01-03-2015 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I would like to buy a balisong thats blade has been replaced with a piece of metal that has holes in it so it cannot be sharpened, is this legal and can i import one?? Thanks in advance.

ebay(dot)ie/itm/Black-Trendy-Metal-Practice-Butterfly-Balisong-Trainer-Training-Knife-Dull-Tool-/181657151651?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item2a4b9c28a3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,106 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

The law states that its illegal to import a balisong. It makes no reference to blunt or training versions. So on that bases, a blunt version is still illegal.

And putting holes in the blade doesn't mean it can't be sharpened. Holes are often function feature of cheese knife or Japanese style kitchen knifes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

• Registered Users Posts: 30 paranoid user

If you are just looking to practice then take a look at the spyderco-baliyo, there is no way it could be stopped, its a bit pricey for what it is but you may get cheaper elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 PadukaGlenn

amazon do one, as do blades and bows

these are for sale in the UK so it is possible they would be permissible in Ireland too?

alternatively you could try this... i am not sure what the current legislation is on the importing of such items but i expect it to be regarded favourably!!

blades adn bows also do a combat balisong spoon.. i cant post the links but have a look!

Advertisement