Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First gaming build advice

Options
  • 28-02-2015 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Decided to finally ditch my playstation dedication and join the PC mater race :)

Need some advice on my build, it will be mainly used for gaming possibly video rendering in the future but it can be upgraded later. I will mainly be playing bf4 & hardline.

I have used hardwareversand and the discount trick and came up with this build;

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor €231,68
    CPU Cooler: Phanteks PH-TC14PE_BK 78.1 CFM CPU Cooler €68,30
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard €92,00
    Memory: *Crucial 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory €57,05
    Storage: *Sandisk X110 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive €60,91
    Storage: *Hitachi Ultrastar 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive €70,87
    Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 280X 3GB Black Edition Double Dissipation Video Card €241,01
    Case: Fractal Design Core 3500 ATX Mid Tower Case €69,21
    Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply €69,99

Total: €961,02

But I would ideally like to get it fractionally lower than the 900 mark. Any suggestions on the build?

All help is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭TwistedPixel88

Bump

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Don't get xfx gpu.

Any reason on the cooler?

Case?

Hdd.

You dead set on overclocking?

Don't get xfx gpu.

Any reason on the cooler?

Case?

Hdd.

You dead set on overclocking?

Why not an xfx and whats another best alternative?

I would prefer to overclock, thats why I added the cooler. Would I need it even if I am overclocking?

Case I still need to look into. and HDD just for general storage as it would be a work pc too.

Totally new to PC building so thanks for guidance

Why not an xfx and whats another best alternative?

I would prefer to overclock, thats why I added the cooler. Would I need it even if I am overclocking?

Case I still need to look into. and HDD just for general storage as it would be a work pc too.

Totally new to PC building so thanks for guidance

Definitely need a cooler if you are overclocking. just curious as to your choice a Hyper evo, 28 euro will do grand.

Can get a 1tb for 50 to 55. Western digital blue or a Seagate Barracuda.

With savings above

Get the MSI gpu a little more pricy but imo better made.

Nanoxia deep silence 3 is a good case 65 euro. look up reviews if you need.

Termaltake Berlin 630w is 48Euro.

Get Crucial SSD 65.

With changes above comes to 885 delivered.

• Advertisement

With changes above comes to 885 delivered.

Was just about to tot it up. Thanks for that :)
    Do you think a 3gb card will be necessary or could I get away with a 2gb? As I said I will be mostly playing the BF series on one 1080p monitor.

Was just about to tot it up. Thanks for that :)
    Do you think a 3gb card will be necessary or could I get away with a 2gb? As I said I will be mostly playing the BF series on one 1080p monitor.

3 GB comes standard on the amd cards.and why not have more. Why what are you thinking?

3 GB comes standard on the amd cards.and why not have more. Why what are you thinking?

Literally just cost saving as I have to buy all peripherals and monitor after.

Literally just cost saving as I have to buy all peripherals and monitor after.

http://touch.adverts.ie/graphics-cards/new-msi-r9-280x-gaming-3gb-384-bit-graphics-card/7456803

Just had a quick look at the GPU www dot newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127759 hasn't got great reviews :/

• Advertisement

Just had a quick look at the GPU www dot newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127759 hasn't got great reviews :/

Try Gigabyte one.

Try Gigabyte one.

Might go with an NVIDIA as I heard they have less issues with gaming, www dot newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487024&cm_re=nvidia_geforce_gtx_760_2gb-_-14-487-024-_-Product

What do you think? Sacrificing 1gb though

Might go with an NVIDIA as I heard they have less issues with gaming, www dot newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487024&cm_re=nvidia_geforce_gtx_760_2gb-_-14-487-024-_-Product

What do you think? Sacrificing 1gb though

Not only sacrificing 1gb ram.

That 280x is equivalent to a "gtx 770"

The step up from the 760.

Basically the 280x is a stronger card

Not only sacrificing 1gb ram.

That 280x is equivalent to a "gtx 770"

The step up from the 760.

Basically the 280x is a stronger card

Ok, will have to do more research into the gpu, but looking like a nice build. Thanks for the help man

Ok, will have to do more research into the gpu, but looking like a nice build. Thanks for the help man

Know it is costly at first getting a decent pc. But you save money in the end with steam. It's cheaper for games and no ps+ crap.

If you like bf so much give arma3 a try. Watch some YouTube vids if you are bored.

Advertisement