Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do with old blower.

Options
  • 28-02-2015 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭

So I have an old 'blower' from work that the motors knackered on and can't be replaced but blower is 100%. I was thinking about putting a pulley on the back and use a single phase motor to spin it which would work fine as a blower again. I just can't bring myself to dump it, So I was going to use it as a dust extractor which I badly need.

O3oJacQ.jpg?1

I could buy a filter bag and make a box and collector but ones on interweb show filters inside the filter bag aswell like this. Would just a bag work? I'm guessing you would need down to a 5 micron to remove most fine dust? I always thought these were just filter bags. Or are there 'chip' or 'dust' ones? This one looks like just chips and would clog with dust or let dust through? It says chips only.

Maybe just make an air purifier? and leave chips to my vacuam.

Other idea would be to leave the front cover off and use it as a sanding wheel? Put a piece of wood across the front and its a 3ft wide sanding wheel (Although think sandpaper discs only go up to 300mm)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,237 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Get a dowry and marry it off :)

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Advertisement