Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent supplement or housing application

Options
  • 28-02-2015 5:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi tad bit confused.

So I applied for housing but while I was roaming the net I noticed the housing firm and the rent supplement seem to be the same form. Has anyone else noticed this or it this just normal? The location is cork in case yet want to have a look at the forms.

Also I got a call saying my application has been granted and I am to call in to them... Has anyone any experience with this?....( I don't have anyone to ask and I have be diagnosed recent and the meds make it hard to concentrate I just can figure out the citizens information website)..

Basically if the rent supplement and the housing form are the same form as my application has been grant I am assuming that means rent but will I also be put on the housing list.

I have a long term illness and the reason I am looking for a home is to be nearer to help and support (a different county) does having a disability make a difference to you being on the housing list (it's not physical) ?

When you go in to the housing section what do they usually need from you? She didn't mention anything other than giving her a buzz the day before and sorting a time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Rent supplement and the housing lists are 2 separate things all together,
    Both need to be applied for separately

• Registered Users Posts: 8 blueboo

Thank you for getting back to me. I downloaded both forms and they are called "social housing support" and are identical.
    I wonder if it's a mistake on their site.

Advertisement