Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday

Options
  • 28-02-2015 12:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,378 ✭✭✭✭

One bet really stands out to me tomorrow, and that's Streams Of Whiskey in the Grimthorpe. This is a horse I specifically bookmarked, insisting that this horse needs the distance and needs the good ground. The forecast for tomorrow looks well, so hopefully this horse gets the ground it needs to run a big race. Apologise the recent run at Ayr when it pulled up - something went badly wrong that day, so strike a line through that part of the form. For me, this horse has as good as chance as current market favourite Drop Out Joe. In fact, I would say Stream Of Whiskey should be the favourite, given it is the more proven horse (even before the two mishaps that Whiskey has had). Best price currently 8/1, take this on e/w and you get paid 2/1 on the place. Cannot see the horse finishing out of the places as long as it jumps ok.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

the only question is by how far does Five O'Clock Tea win the 4:25 at Leopardstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

One bet really stands out to me tomorrow, and that's Streams Of Whiskey in the Grimthorpe. This is a horse I specifically bookmarked, insisting that this horse needs the distance and needs the good ground. The forecast for tomorrow looks well, so hopefully this horse gets the ground it needs to run a big race. Apologise the recent run at Ayr when it pulled up - something went badly wrong that day, so strike a line through that part of the form. For me, this horse has as good as chance as current market favourite Drop Out Joe. In fact, I would say Stream Of Whiskey should be the favourite, given it is the more proven horse (even before the two mishaps that Whiskey has had). Best price currently 8/1, take this on e/w and you get paid 2/1 on the place. Cannot see the horse finishing out of the places as long as it jumps ok.

Post the ould time and meeting there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Seldom Inn in the 3:10 at Doncaster, he was absolutely strangled last time going to take a chance on him today.

Did a double with Golantilla too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

You only get paid 2/1 if you only back him to place. No need for lies.

Have had a decent bet on the nose as I fancy him too fwiw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

I fancy samingarry in the same race, he has some smart form from last season and his last run was after a long lay off and ran respectably, only thing is I hope this race doesn't come too soon

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Dubron

Probably wants better ground so today might not be the day but surely Princely Conn has a big handicap in him off 130 at some stage this season? Not been beaten too far by some of the better horses around at the moment (Nicholas Canyon, Windsor Park, Black Hercules) so 130 looks a lenient mark to me. Excellent claimer booked today, only thing stopping me from a big bet is that ground!

Mocha Joe wrote: »
    Post the ould time and meeting there.

As my dad always says laziness did I ever offend you, here you go precious: :P

http://bit.ly/18wYb6L

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭munster87

the only question is by how far does Five O'Clock Tea win the 4:25 at Leopardstown.

I'll go for minus 12 lengths

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

At Kelso a horse of twiston davies runs called ballyboley in 1.55 was one of the best bumper horses last season but has had a modest hurdles campaign I'd suspect with festival handicaps in mind resulting in him being tat well handicapped hes not likely to get a run,I think hell win today and get the penalty to make it a lot more likely to get in and then hell run over a bit further at the festival to show what his true mark should be.

• Advertisement

Was up early with the young lad and after two hours of Masha and The Bear I thought even The Morning Line would be better, guess what I was wrong!!

Graham Cunningham doesn't think Maguires ban should be upheld and that serious pain in the hole Gina Bryce/ Harding (or whatever ****ing surname takes her fancy this week) was talking about the Godolphin stable lad/lass awards and some woman from Ireland won it. Gina says "She is only 5ft and handles stallions, that's not bad for a girl", if one of the male presnenters said that they would lose their job.

munster87 wrote: »
    I'll go for minus 12 lengths

Go on so, what beats it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭Nuts102

Shemale wrote: »
    Go on so, what beats it

Just to say this is not my work seen it on Facebook group actually just looking into 9/4 now from 4/1.

In the 4.25 in Leopardstown tomorrow Final gift looks very interesting as a betting proposition. The horse in question has won his last two point to points by wide margins from moderate opposition but its the first of his 3 P2P wins that looks the most interesting. On that occasion he beat 135 rated hurdler Seventh Sign who had been unbeaten in points up until then. Seventh Sign then took on the 146 rated chaser Prince De Beauchene in a hunters chase and ran him to 6L. The form may not have a solid look to it at a glance but the third horse on that day who was getting weight and was 4L further back won a handicap chase in Down Royal very easily off 110 on its next run. (Those three were 46L clear of the rest). Final Gift could be well handicapped off 106 and Bryan Cooper booked looks very positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭dickenson famous5

Just a small interest yankee Ballybolley 155kelso,
    Saint raph 325 new
    tajseer 455 leop
    five o clock tea 425 leop

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭HAMMERCURRENT

Shemale wrote: »
    Was up early with the young lad and after two hours of Masha and The Bear I thought even The Morning Line would be better, guess what I was wrong!!

Graham Cunningham doesn't think Maguires ban should be upheld and that serious pain in the hole Gina Bryce/ Harding (or whatever ****ing surname takes her fancy this week) was talking about the Godolphin stable lad/lass awards and some woman from Ireland won it. Gina says "She is only 5ft and handles stallions, that's not bad for a girl", if one of the male presnenters said that they would lose their job.

When James Reveley was asked which of Willie Mullins he'd like to ride at Cheltenham which horse did he say?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,378 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

When James Reveley was asked which of Willie Mullins he'd like to ride at Cheltenham which horse did he say?
    Un De Sceaux.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭HAMMERCURRENT

Un De Sceaux.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭green n gold

Hello to all, long time lurker here, appreciate the input from posters about here. One I have a fancy for today is Leave it be @7/1 in the 1.45 at Newbury. This one has had 3 trainers for its last 4 runs. L.T.O was its first outing for Neil Mulholland and having used up too much reserves early on in the race it finished a modest 3rd. Im hoping they learnt plenty from this run and think the booking of B.J Geraghty is a big plus this time (combo 3 wins, one place from 5 in the last 12 months) Im hoping this one finds the improvement necessary to make this post a beginners luck post :) Anyway good luck to everyone today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Hello to all, long time lurker here, appreciate the input from posters about here. One I have a fancy for today is Leave it be @7/1 in the 1.45 at Newbury. This one has had 3 trainers for its last 4 runs. L.T.O was its first outing for Neil Mulholland and having used up too much reserves early on in the race it finished a modest 3rd. Im hoping they learnt plenty from this run and think the booking of B.J Geraghty is a big plus this time (combo 3 wins, one place from 5 in the last 12 months) Im hoping this one finds the improvement necessary to make this post a beginners luck post :) Anyway good luck to everyone today.

Fairplay taking the plunge from lurker to poster best of luck with the above but if it does not work out keep posting.

Small Super Yankee done last night
    Ballybolley 11-10
    Bristol de Mai 9-4
    Fellix Younger 11-10 (r4 here as Golantilla out)
    Sizing Granite 4-5
    The West's Awake 5-2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Just to say this is not my work seen it on Facebook group actually just looking into 9/4 now from 4/1.

In the 4.25 in Leopardstown tomorrow Final gift looks very interesting as a betting proposition. The horse in question has won his last two point to points by wide margins from moderate opposition but its the first of his 3 P2P wins that looks the most interesting. On that occasion he beat 135 rated hurdler Seventh Sign who had been unbeaten in points up until then. Seventh Sign then took on the 146 rated chaser Prince De Beauchene in a hunters chase and ran him to 6L. The form may not have a solid look to it at a glance but the third horse on that day who was getting weight and was 4L further back won a handicap chase in Down Royal very easily off 110 on its next run. (Those three were 46L clear of the rest). Final Gift could be well handicapped off 106 and Bryan Cooper booked looks very positive.

Quote from Andy McNamara in the Star Column today

"Final Gift looks a standout to me in the next off a mark of 106. He has been running in Hunter Chases and P2P and has obviously been hampered by injueries over the years, but JJ Costello looks like he has found a great opportunity to score"

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭nuckeythompson

streams of whiskey will be flowing

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭FrKurtFahrt

Lawrence Taylor's nap on ATR also.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,677 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Sammingarry 12-1 3.45
    Silent Pursuit 6-1 2.20
    To Choose 20-1 2.40
    Mallards In Flight 14-1 4.25

28665-1
    20 win !

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Usethefork

Nice call green n gold on Leave it be..

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭zpehtsfd

Lots of money for Kylestyle in the next at Leopardstown. Been taking the long way around last few runs. Handbrake off. I'm on. GL

Update: Time to take OFF watchlist.

You should be posting more often!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,826 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

call the cops 20/1 for the pertemps (betbr)

seems big

• Registered Users Posts: 35,677 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Starter should not have let them go when Theatre Queen was being held by handler. He was not ready,not in the pack that went towards tape.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭hawkhead

Marito 10/1 in the next at Leopardstown could go well if able to get back to the level of form he showed when trained by Willie Mullins

Advertisement