Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving Out

Options
  • 27-02-2015 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi All,

I'm currently looking to move out from home.

I have everything budgeted for apart from the likes of electricity, gas and other utilities. I'd like to know what would be the expected costs per month of bills for the average apartment.

Moving out with my brother and we'll both be in work from early morning until 6 or 7pm every weekday so there won't be a massive use of electricity or heating etc.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Eldarion

Depends on your usage of course but I'd suggest budgetting 100-150 per calendar month while it's still cold, dropping to less than 70 per month when it's warmer.

Check out http://www.bonkers.ie/ to make sure you get the best deal. There's usually some very nice new customer deals you can avail of.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 S.N.C

Great, should work out fine!

Appreciate it thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

I don't think tv/internet/phone would be included in that costing, so take a look at any of these as well.

Edit: Are you going to bother with content insurance? TV licence? Bins? Don't forget water charges.

Obviously you might have none, some or all of the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 S.N.C

I've kept tv/internet/phone bills separate and accounted for those.

I'll have to see about insurance I didn't think about that. TV licence and bins and other charges are relatively small in the bigger picture so they shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Thanks!

Advertisement