Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pilot training exhibition dublin

Options
  • 26-02-2015 9:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Just wondering is anyone going to the pilot training exhibition in the convention centre in dublin on Saturday the 14th of march.

I'm debating whether or not to go myself. Has anyone been to it before. Was it any good\worth coming up to to dublin for?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Phen2206

Just wondering is anyone going to the pilot training exhibition in the convention centre in dublin on Saturday the 14th of march.

I'm debating whether or not to go myself. Has anyone been to it before. Was it any good\worth coming up to to dublin for?
    I went to one in Heathrow a couple of years ago. Definately worth a trip for your first one, just to get a feel for the training organisations and other associations. You'll learn a good bit, but expect them to tell you it's all great and easy to become a pilot, all you have to do is hand over a huge about of money etc. You'll meet people like yourself there who are aspiring to be a pilot and that's no harm!

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭TheBoss11

I went to the one in Dublin last year and will attend again this year. It's a fantastic event, with all the top FTOs as well as Aer Lingus pilots and cadets it's very informative. If you plan on being a pilot it's a must

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 airbuspilot

Phen2206 wrote: »
    I went to one in Heathrow a couple of years ago. Definately worth a trip for your first one, just to get a feel for the training organisations and other associations. You'll learn a good bit, but expect them to tell you it's all great and easy to become a pilot, all you have to do is hand over a huge about of money etc. You'll meet people like yourself there who are aspiring to be a pilot and that's no harm!

Ya I know what you mean. I can only imagine some people talking about the great pilot shortage and this rubbish. Asides from this though I think it should well be worth a trip.
    Who were the best exhibitors there?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,060 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Just ask them one question, "Where are the jobs", actually you should ask two, "what are the salaries like for a F/O"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 821 ✭✭✭eatmyshorts

smurfjed wrote: »
    Just ask them one question, "Where are the jobs", actually you should ask two, "what are the salaries like for a F/O"?

Asia and sh*te, being the correct answers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Cessna_Pilot

Waste of time. If you want to train go to the school and suss it out for yourself. These exhibitions only tell naive lads and their families what they want to hear.

Advertisement