Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cex problem

Options
  • 26-02-2015 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi All.I traded in a xbox one and kinect and 2 games to cex tallaght by post just over 3 weeks ago.i got €374 in vouchers for it.they sent them by email To me.
    So i used them online and got a phone and laptop with them.the phone and laptop was dispatched the next day and the phone came 2 days later But no laptop.
    I wrote them an email and they said wait up to 14 days cause so times stuff may get mislaid and will show up within this time and get posted.
    I have wrote them more emails and they won't reply back now.

The 14 days have come and gone so i just want to ask other people's views or help with this matter.

Any help is grateful and thanks

Ps.sorry if this in the wrong threa,I'm new.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

If you can't get to the shop and talk to them, write a letter highlighting your issues giving them x days (usually a working week) to resolve. Send it registered. If no joy then start a small claims court case

• Registered Users Posts: 18,908 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Can you contact them by phone or in person? Email is not a great way of doing this kind of business (I wish we could rely on it, but experience has taught me not to)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 curwin13

Del2005 wrote: »
    If you can't get to the shop and talk to them, write a letter highlighting your issues giving them x days (usually a working week) to resolve. Send it registered. If no joy then start a small claims court case

Hi.thanks for your advice.i will send it Monday morning and take it from there.

Their customer care is awful. They barely ever bother to reply to emails.

Pester them on Twitter. I was waiting months on a bank transfer from them, with the majority of my emails going unanswered. Just had to keep at them for it and eventually got it.

Hi.yeah it is awful.they were quick sending the voucher to me but seemingly slow sending the laptop.

• Advertisement

dudara wrote: »
    Can you contact them by phone or in person? Email is not a great way of doing this kind of business (I wish we could rely on it, but experience has taught me not to)

Hi.i would love to call them but they have no number on there website and it says for any online orders contact them via there online support.

I would never be in dublin as I'm in cavan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

CeX only deal with queries via email and social media. No phone numbers at all. Terrible online customer service, would never use them again online. I hate the way they tell you they are 'liaising with the team' when you email them for an update. Cowboys.

Sam Mac wrote: »
    CeX only deal with queries via email and social media. No phone numbers at all. Terrible online customer service, would never use them again online. I hate the way they tell you they are 'liaising with the team' when you email them for an update. Cowboys.

Couldn't agree more.i won't be using them again anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭davidfitz22

Sorry to bump in on this thread. But I have a problem with these guys too. I received an incorrect item worth significantly less than what i ordered. I emailed them in regards to this but still no reply after two weeks. their site says that I have 28 days to return the item but i must wait for email corrispondance first. Will i be held accountable if it is longer than 28 days if they are the ones not responding?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Sorry to bump in on this thread. But I have a problem with these guys too. I received an incorrect item worth significantly less than what i ordered. I emailed them in regards to this but still no reply after two weeks. their site says that I have 28 days to return the item but i must wait for email corrispondance first. Will i be held accountable if it is longer than 28 days if they are the ones not responding?
    Why don't you go retro and send them a letter on paper. Use recorded delivery for traceability.
    https://ie.webuy.com/support/

• Advertisement

Hi david.i got mine sorted by tweeting them on Twitter a few times as captain Morgan said above in earlier post and they got back to me straight away and apologized and said the laptop was missing in the post and they offered me a refund or a replacement.

Advertisement