Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legal advice - deposit return

Options
  • 26-02-2015 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi
    Can anyone recommend a solicitor in Dublin to deal with recovering my deposit from a landlord? I know there's the PRTB but I've been there before and I don't want to do the Small Claims Court.
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Please also seek recommendations from family & friends, recommendations from the internet should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Mod Note

Recommendations via pm only

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Solicitor will have to proceed through the PRTB so but pointless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

AFAIK you have no choice but to use the PRTB. They have blocked court access for tenant/LL disputes, as the PRTB was set up to take these disputes out of the court system. Personally I think an officer in local authorities should deal with disputes before they go onto the PRTB. So they hopefully could be dealt with quicker.

There is no point using a solicitor if a LL knows the solicitor is powerless, if he cant be brought to court,as it has to go to the PRTB. There has to be a way to enforce a legal threat, otherwise its an expensive piece of paper

• Registered Users Posts: 9 crispdub

Hi all thanks for your replies. I've spoken to a solicitor. They can take the case but she explained it would cost more than the deposit so it doesn't make sense really. I can still go down the legal route if I'm not happy with the PRTB outcome so that's something I suppose. Thanks again.

Advertisement