Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is liable?

Options
  • 26-02-2015 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Hi,

To cut a long story short I guess, I have a complaint lodged which seems to be slow in being dealt with if at all. It's in regards to a trip on Groupon and one of their merchants. The flight is on Monday 2/3/15 and we have spent the last 1.5 weeks trying to get a refund and I'm wondering if this doesn't get resolved by Monday where a definitive decision has been made, who is liable? Will groupon have to cover costs of trip?

Looking forward to feedback

Thanks
    C

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

ch1984 wrote: »
    Hi,

To cut a long story short I guess, I have a complaint lodged which seems to be slow in being dealt with if at all. It's in regards to a trip on Groupon and one of their merchants. The flight is on Monday 2/3/15 and we have spent the last 1.5 weeks trying to get a refund and I'm wondering if this doesn't get resolved by Monday where a definitive decision has been made, who is liable? Will groupon have to cover costs of trip?

Looking forward to feedback

Thanks
    C

You might be liable depending on the circumstances. Why do you you feel you are entitled to a refund?

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭ch1984

It is a long story but it was misleading with no mention of extra costs on the offer, it was a company that has 20 trader names and hundreds of complaints under parent company names. We only realised who it was after a little digging. They are barely covering themselves with what they do. They have been rude, lied about something minor enough and somehow got my number off groupon without my consent and have taken to bombarding me with calls. They also have failed to send us documentation the past 1.5 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

ch1984 wrote: »
    It is a long story but it was misleading with no mention of extra costs on the offer, it was a company that has 20 trader names and hundreds of complaints under parent company names. We only realised who it was after a little digging. They are barely covering themselves with what they do. They have been rude, lied about something minor enough and somehow got my number off groupon without my consent and have taken to bombarding me with calls. They also have failed to send us documentation the past 1.5 weeks
    Since the trip was booked for 2nd March that suggests to me that the merchant has honoured the voucher in which case Groupon are in the clear.
    If you have a problem with the booking then you need to take that up with the merchant.
    The above is based on the limited details you have given
    If you want posters to be able to give you better advice you'll need provide a clearer explanation of the issue. You don't have to name the parties involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭ch1984

My question is really just about an unresolved complaint that has been escalated. I was told don't have to have any contact with merchant and have been pushing to have it sorted one way or another by Monday. All I wanted to know is if it hasn't been would costs be covered because it's went over without decision made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

Op, is the flight still scheduled as advertised? What is your issue? Has it been cancelled?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

If its not what you booked, can you just do a credit card charge back?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

slimjimmc wrote: »
    Since the trip was booked for 2nd March that suggests to me that the merchant has honoured the voucher in which case Groupon are in the clear.
    If you have a problem with the booking then you need to take that up with the merchant.
    The above is based on the limited details you have given
    If you want posters to be able to give you better advice you'll need provide a clearer explanation of the issue. You don't have to name the parties involved.

Not in my experience.

You pay the money to Groupon, your contract is with Groupon and groupon should issue a refund if a refund is due.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

the OP seems not to want to give the details of the complaint - maybe the op did not read all the terms and conditions and wants a refund because of it.

If an offer is too good to be true it usually is. - and if its seems to good ALWAYS read all of the small print.

Advertisement