Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tolerance/Views of Muslims/Islamic Religion in Ireland Today.

Options
  • 26-02-2015 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

Hello,

I am currently studying In the Czech Republic on Erasmus.
    One of my Modules is titled as thus, "Multicultural Studies"
    To sum up, we are discussing the opinions we have, and ergo, what opinions we believe the general public have on Muslims/Islamic religious people, with reference to media sources, word-of-mouth, etc. Just to be clear, I do not mean such sub-groups as ISIS, ISIL, and so on, we are discussing your average Muslim, living their day-to-day lives.

I have been tasked to find out what the views on Islam and Muslims are in Ireland in the Present Day, using various media articles, new sources, opinion pieces, and such.

My question to you, fine people of an Irish forum site is,
    What are your views on the average Muslim?
    Should they be here?
    Should we adhere to their cultural/religious beliefs, and let them wear the Hijab/other clothing of religious affiliation?
    Do you think the women are oppressed?
    Do you find them scary?
    Maybe, perhaps, mysterious kind of sexy?
    And many more questions, and hopefully discussion, along this vein.

Please, let me know your thoughts, or if you have any links to relevant articles, share.

P.S, inb4 "Fecking college students too lazy to do their own work".....

That is only half true.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Nothing scary about them, why would there be? There are just normal folk who differ from person to person. Some are religious, some are not, some wear the hijab, some dont, some drink, some dont... Human beings are human beings, they are not a different species.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Aw Jaysus not another one, are these the new Dole threads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Could this be moved to the Islam forum or religious forum? He might get some answers there.

AH is going to give you all sorts of golden nuggets...

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭karl_m

Playboy wrote: »
    Nothing scary about them, why would there be? There are just normal folk who differ from person to person. Some are religious, some are not, some wear the hijab, some dont, some drink, some dont... Human beings are human beings, they are not a different species.

Just to follow up Playboy, what would/do you think if/when you pass a Muslim on the street, if anything special?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Come on, Ted. Sure it's no more peculiar than all that stuff we learned in the seminary, you know, Heaven and Hell and everlasting life and all that type of thing. You're not meant to take it seriously, Ted!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Fecking college students too lazy to do their own work

No survey dumps, thanks

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement