Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Atheist/Humanist College Societies

Options
  • 26-02-2015 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi folks, I'm in the process of trying to set up an Atheist Humanist Society in the University of Limerick. I'm keen to know if anyone is aware of similar societies already in operation in third level institutions in Ireland or elsewhere. The only one I have been able to find online is the NUIG society, which I have already contacted. If possible I'd like to get in touch with other operational societies for some tips and guidance. Of course, if anyone on here is in UL then please let me know if you'd be interested in joining the new society I am planning.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Shrap

Good for you. Got no tips and am not in college, but am close enough to Limerick. Hope you get some support :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,429 ✭✭✭TheChizler

An acquaintance of mine set up/restarted the atheist society in UCC a few years ago, not sure if it's still active.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Thehoge

TheChizler wrote: »
    An acquaintance of mine set up/restarted the atheist society in UCC a few years ago, not sure if it's still active.

Do you think they'd be amenable to an enquiry regarding what was involved in running the society?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,429 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Thehoge wrote: »
    Do you think they'd be amenable to an enquiry regarding what was involved in running the society?
    I'm sure they would, don't have any contact details so you'll have to go through the society webpage I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Thehoge

No problem, I'll look them up, thank you!

• Advertisement
Advertisement