Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baseball Podcasts

Options
  • 26-02-2015 12:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭

As the season approaches, I thought a thread about baseball podcasts that might be of interest to others might be a good idea.

ESPN's Baseball Tonight is back daily and while I know ESPN might not be to everyone's taste, I quite like this and enjoy Buster Olney as host although they do favour the bigger teams in their coverage.

Apart from a few Mets specific ones which wouldn't be of interest to fans of other teams, other ones I've tried are the FanGraphs one and Baseball America, neither of which I enjoyed to be honest. The BA one does a lot of college stuff which doesn't interest me and some of them are quite long too which I wouldn't have the time for.

I've just discoved Fox Sports one now called 'Just a Bit Outside' but I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet but the website that it's based on is quite good so hopefully this'll be good too.

Are there any others out there worth a listen?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,328 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Are there any others out there worth a listen?

TINSTAAPP - really in-depth discussion on starting pitchers (stands for There Is No Such Thing As A Pitching Podcast)

It's Paul Sporer and Doug Thorburn and requires a lot of attention. Sponsored by Baseball Prospectus and I think at the end of last year they were doing their own pitch-by-pitch commentary of live games on youtube or somewhere.

I like it a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

8-10 wrote: »
    TINSTAAPP - really in-depth discussion on starting pitchers (stands for There Is No Such Thing As A Pitching Podcast)

It's Paul Sporer and Doug Thorburn and requires a lot of attention. Sponsored by Baseball Prospectus and I think at the end of last year they were doing their own pitch-by-pitch commentary of live games on youtube or somewhere.

I like it a lot.

Cool. I'll give that one a try when the next episode comes out.

And following on from my original post, that JABO one was decent enough and worth a listen I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Always found it difficult to find a good baseball podcast compared all the enjoyable football ones that are out there.

Only one that hasn't been mentioned that I listen to the odd time is 'Effectively Wild'. Its pretty boring most of the time to be honest but every year before the season they do 30 separate podcasts, one dedicated to each team where they talk in depth about the season ahead for them. Pretty good listen to learn about fringe players for teams you hardly get the chance to follow properly.

They've done 5 teams so far I think. Decent enough listen each time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,328 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Morrison J wrote: »
    Always found it difficult to find a good baseball podcast compared all the enjoyable football ones that are out there.

Only one that hasn't been mentioned that I listen to the odd time is 'Effectively Wild'. Its pretty boring most of the time to be honest but every year before the season they do 30 separate podcasts, one dedicated to each team where they talk in depth about the season ahead for them. Pretty good listen to learn about fringe players for teams you hardly get the chance to follow properly.

They've done 5 teams so far I think. Decent enough listen each time.

+1 for Effectively Wild

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

8-10 wrote: »
    +1 for Effectively Wild

Added to my list.

• Advertisement
Advertisement