Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car thefts in Balbriggan last night

Options
  • 26-02-2015 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭

Apparently there was a spate of car thefts in Balbriggan last night, including my mum's car (although it has been recovered, thankfully). Anyone else hear about this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭DJMG92

Havent heard anything. What area was it out of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Fancourt Heights...

• Registered Users Posts: 18 SouthNorth

blastman wrote: »
    Apparently there was a spate of car thefts in Balbriggan last night, including my mum's car (although it has been recovered, thankfully). Anyone else hear about this?

2.30am Monday morning we were woken up by joyriders rallying around Moylaragh in a stolen Micra.

Car was dumped after a couple of circuits of the estate with a badly buckled rear wheel.

I believe (acrording to Twitter, I know) Tuesday night there was a chase involving the Garda helicopter up the M1 which ended in Bath Road. I heard the sirens for a prolonged period myself around 10.30pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Vico1612

Looks like joyriders are having a ball at the moment ... round about next to Church was in bits again over the week end and burnt out car at the entrance of Castleland sunday morning .
    Heard another car wizzing up and down hamilton road at 4.30 this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

That was around the time my mum's car went missing, Vico (one of the neighbours happened to spot it driving off). However, as it's a Micra, I pretty sure it's not capable of "whizzing" :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,970 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Keep an eye on your cars folks. We live over in Dun Saithne Green and last night while while in the kitchen with the missus we heard an almighty thump. I went outside as it sounded as if something had hit my neighbours front door. While in the garden a neighbour a few doors down came out and told me that she had seen someone in a hoody hanging around the cars which are parked directly outside our front gates (we're all on a small terrace).
    He spotted her and ran down past our house into a cul de sac and most likely hopped the wall into the neighbouring estate. When I thought about it afterwards I wonder had he tried to break a window on one of our cars.

Just be vigilant. Our part of the estate is generally speaking pretty quiet and this was something out of the ordinary.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭theenergy

the gards know who the two lads are ...

they avoided capture last nite

pm me for details :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Huge amount of break-ins around Rush last Sunday night. Figure I heard was 21 between cars and houses.

A resident in Brookford told me 11 cars were damaged on Sunday. A woman taking photos at Red Island also had her car windows smashed on Tuesday evening.

It is not really surprising as there is very little deterrent and very little Gardai on patrol.

Advertisement