Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to China

Options
  • 26-02-2015 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I am moving to China in September/October 2015 with my Chinese wife. I'm Irish.
    My main question is about getting IT Service Desk/ Analyst roles in China (particularly in the North)

A little background info about my experience:
    I have lived in China 5 years ago working as an English teacher for a year with my now Wife and so I do have living experience in the Country.Through a lot of research on Boards I have discovered that I will get a tourist visa and then hope to obtain a job to then get another more long term visa. I have an honours degree and 6 years industry experience in the above type roles.
    My question really is how to go about getting these roles when i get to China? I could find a Teaching job quite easily but I cant seem to find anyone on Boards that has spoken about getting "non-teaching"roles. I know it wont be possible to apply before I get there but finding a job will ultimately determine where we would then move to and so I am trying to get an idea of people who have been in this situation before.

Advertisement