Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thursday 26/2/15

Options
  • 25-02-2015 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭

2.10 Southwell
    Gerard's slip at 2/1

I would of taught he would be evens or possibly odds on the way he won his maiden. I think he's a cert but has anyone anything to add that I may be missing,the form of his win has worked out as well runs with mark of 68 with a 5 pound claimer on board

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

High draw and claiming jockeys have a good record at Southwell over 5f. Which is a huge plus. First run on soft ground wasn't good but prob won't make difference. Field looks decent enough to merit 2/1.

Won't be playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Ive been following Jessica Longs horses for the whole Carnival and my most confident selection yet comes tomorrow in the shape of Volatile 4.30. was beaten by tomorrow's second favourite last time, but the jockey never got him settled properly that day. I think that form can be reversed and the horse has enough talent to beat the rest of these if getting a good early position. My biggest bet of the carnival so far, 6-1 is a fair price for sure.

Her other horse Berling runs on the same card and placed of a huge price two weeks ago, but cant be backed at the prices tomorrow and has too much to do I reckon.

I like Short Squeeze in the second last for a small win bet too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

Luap wrote: »
    High draw and claiming jockeys have a good record at Southwell over 5f. Which is a huge plus. First run on soft ground wasn't good but prob won't make difference. Field looks decent enough to merit 2/1.

Won't be playing.

Thanks for that
    It's also worth noting a lot of money came for him last time.i had a very small e/w amount on him just because the name, 1 hour before the race I got 33/1 and he won at 10/1.
    If the money comes again today I would be quite confident

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Chijj

Treble for the day:

Feenakilmeedy 14:15 Thurles,

Stormin exit 14:00 Taunton,

bullet street 14:20 Ludlow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Two bets for me today Queens Star 2.50 ludlow 12-1 big step up in trip hopefully will suit.

Fine Theatre 3.15 Thurles 8-1 at 3.20 that could look a very big price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

Southwell 2.40
    East river
    Ran very well behind Gerard's slip last time, travelled the best before weaking in last furlong, so drop in trip should suit.

Thurles 2.45
    Rubi light
    Looked in very good form last time and this looks a very winnable race,Arnaud has let me down many times before and it's hard to trust him backing up his previous run.

The above two bets are singles as well as putting them in treble with Gerard's slip

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭shamdrog63

Thanks for that
    It's also worth noting a lot of money came for him last time.i had a very small e/w amount on him just because the name, 1 hour before the race I got 33/1 and he won at 10/1.
    If the money comes again today I would be quite confident

So how does this backing 33/1 shots because of their name system work then:D????

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭LOTTOWINNER

shamdrog63 wrote: »
    So how does this backing 33/1 shots because of their name system work then:D????

It's very easy! if you seen a horse running call "shamdrog63isasmartarse" you'd probably think.................that's a coincidence!!! I'll have a few pound on that:)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,816 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Lets High Five It 7-1 3.45
    Ran a good race 3 back on heavy ground. 3 lengths off todays
    favorite last time out.
    I like ew/

• Registered Users Posts: 16,406 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Gigginstown second string winning again. Milsean very disappointing there, emptied badly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭shamdrog63

It's very easy! if you seen a horse running call "shamdrog63isasmartarse" you'd probably think.................that's a coincidence!!! I'll have a few pound on that:)

Apologies if attempted humour offended you HarshOstrich.....or your minder.

Tiger Bay Lady 4.20 thurles fancied.

Where's goldcupfav? His old horse Pitstop won today at Meydan - 25/1. Hope he got on.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Pinesky

Gregk961 wrote: »
    Ive been following Jessica Longs horses for the whole Carnival and my most confident selection yet comes tomorrow in the shape of Volatile 4.30. was beaten by tomorrow's second favourite last time, but the jockey never got him settled properly that day. I think that form can be reversed and the horse has enough talent to beat the rest of these if getting a good early position. My biggest bet of the carnival so far, 6-1 is a fair price for sure.

Well done

• Registered Users Posts: 8,729 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

shamdrog63 wrote: »
    Apologies if attempted humour offended you HarshOstrich.....or your minder.

Tiger Bay Lady 4.20 thurles fancied.

Unlucky was counting my money two out.

What just happened at Ludlow!?

What just happened at Ludlow!?
    Held up, headway approaching and hit 10th, led before 4 out, left clear 2 out,
    20 lengths ahead when blundered last, idled badly flat and virtually pulled himself up, headed near finish (op 6/5 tchd 11/10)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Gregk961 wrote: »

Her other horse Berling runs on the same card and placed of a huge price two weeks ago, but cant be backed at the prices tomorrow and has too much to do I reckon.

I like Short Squeeze in the second last for a small win bet too.

Faith pays off at last! Thats a good horse though. Possibly up in class next time and blitz them from the front. Fully loaded clip for Cheltenham now at least!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Held up, headway approaching and hit 10th, led before 4 out, left clear 2 out,

****ing hell, that is the second maddest thing I have seen on a racecourse. Not sure what happened Invisible Man either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

Shemale wrote: »
    ****ing hell, that is the second maddest thing I have seen on a racecourse. Not sure what happened Invisible Man either.

weird race.

Advertisement