Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unhygienic Item found in pocket of new jacket

Options
  • 25-02-2015 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

duplicate sorry

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Did you go back to the shop and query it with them?

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 25 glisten

Hi,

Hoping someone might have some advice on where to go with this.

My mother purchased a jacket in a very well known retail store. When she brought it home, there was something very unsanitary and disgusting in the pocket. I've contacted the stores customer services on her behalf, they promised to call back but we have heard nothing back yet. We have receipts and packaging etc.

I've looked up consumer rights but there isn't any advice for this type of situation. Does anyone here have an idea where I could go with this problem if the store doesn't come back to me?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭daheff

what are you expecting them to do?

At best you could go and get the item replaced or refunded (but the store would decide which option to give you).

I appreciate you don't want to find any 'surprises' in new clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,446 ✭✭✭weisses

daheff wrote: »

Uhhh Contact the customer back as promised would be my guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

As you have not specified the item in the pocket (it would make it easier to advise if you did by the way) there are probably a few different courses of action I would be taking depending on the nature of the item and the contact your mother had with it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Calling in to the store would be my first port of call.

weisses wrote: »
    Uhhh Contact the customer back as promised would be my guess

you know what I meant...

but just for the slow people out there...let me rephrase. When the shop contact you back, what are you expecting from them?

A replacement item would be about the height of what I'd expect.

A replacement item would be about the height of what I'd expect.

I think that would depend on the item in the pocket and the nature of the contact with it.

If it was a dirty needle and it had broken the mothers skin Id be looking for medical costs and possibly compensation.

Its very hard to advise not knowing what it was though.

MrWalsh wrote: »
    I think that would depend on the item in the pocket and the nature of the contact with it.

If it was a dirty needle and it had broken the mothers skin Id be looking for medical costs and possibly compensation.

Its very hard to advise not knowing what it was though.

I'm reasonably sure that its not this...if it were I suspect the OP would be contacting their solicitors and not boards.

I do agree that its hard to advise without being told exactly what it was. Reading between the lines I suspect its not as serious as a hypodermic needle....if it were you'd be damn sure the shop would be on to them straight away

I'm reasonably sure that its not this...if it were I suspect the OP would be contacting their solicitors and not boards.

I do agree that its hard to advise without being told exactly what it was. Reading between the lines I suspect its not as serious as a hypodermic needle....if it were you'd be damn sure the shop would be on to them straight away

Exactly.

It also matters if the item damaged the jacket. And the subjective nature of what is sanitary and what isnt is also at play - money is dirty!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

<SNIP> Not quite sure what contribution was intended here?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

What was it? If it was something like a used condom or tampon, then that would be a health risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,805 ✭✭✭Calibos

Lux23 wrote: »
    What was it? If it was something like a used condom or tampon, then that would be a health risk.

Was about to say the same.

If it was a condom....EEeeeeWWww!!

If it was a dried bit of chewing gum a 4 year old put in the pocket in the shop.......get a grip...unless its stuck inside the pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭wupucus

now I know where my teeth went !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@wupucus - if you have nothing constructive to post, then please don't post. That goes equally for all posters.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭Squatman

What was in the jacket? and does it in your mind warrant compensation? if not are you looking for a refund? as said earlier, anyone could have put anything on display clothing. its not really practical for shop assistants to be checking pockets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

unfortunately there are certain people out there who purposley and diligently go ut of their way to cause issue.

I've experienced people using our office toilets and leaving S$%t on the floor and well away from the bowl and then laughing as they head out the door.

Even recently in water protests you've seen people pretend to fall or get hit and then claim assault.

There are really crazy stupid people out there and in this instance some scumbag has tried on the item and decided to leave a little present.

Without the store checkign the pockets of every item tried on, its simly one of those things. If its upsetting, look for a replacement garment.

Advertisement