Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a University Magazine?

Options
  • 25-02-2015 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I'll be starting in Maynooth in September and I was wondering if there's an official University Magazine that students contribute to? I've tried searching the forum but the last post about a magazine is 5 years old O.o So.
    Thanks for the help :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭JoeR91

Estelle17 wrote: »
    I'll be starting in Maynooth in September and I was wondering if there's an official University Magazine that students contribute to? I've tried searching the forum but the last post about a magazine is 5 years old O.o So.

I don't think so going to maynooth myself

• Registered Users Posts: 10,739 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

There was the last few years, no idea why we haven't seen it this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Xscreamokidx

I'm positive there's a newspaper, one of the SU positions available this year is newspaper editor, best to ask someone from the SU

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Haven't seen one in yonks. Mind you I rarely stray from the Arts block. I just got the impression that the last few bunch of SU people just didn't bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

My understanding is that someone ran on content, not on "I have the technical skills to assemble a newspaper or magazine."

Thought we'd banished that crap forever. Back in my day yada yada yada. F*ck the youth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,956 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Jaysus. Even in the bleak time for student papers that was the academic year of 2008/9, there was still at least some form of SU paper to speak of.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 nessieos

Estelle17 wrote: »

There is a relaunch of the uni mag 'The Print'. I am one of the sub editors. We are always looking for new people to get involved.students and staff are involved in writing for it. We are also launching a website this month.

nessieos wrote: »
    There is a relaunch of the uni mag 'The Print'. I am one of the sub editors. We are always looking for new people to get involved.students and staff are involved in writing for it. We are also launching a website this month.

You probably know this already but the SU owns ThePrint.ie, find one Keith Broni on Facebook for the DNS details. Registered with Blacknight I believe.

Edit: Nope, it's expired, but I see there's an application pending. Fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

nessieos wrote: »
    We're almost three quarters way through the academic year. Pardon my bluntness, but what took you so long? And is the next SU crowd going to be equally slow as hell? Or will we have a student paper from the beginning of the year like normal colleges? And what is the point of spending resources on a relaunch with what will amount to only six weeks left in the year?

Meh. Might get buy-in from some first and second years that'll help out next near.

• Advertisement
Advertisement