Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dimplex heater stopped working

Options
  • 25-02-2015 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭

Hi, I have a Dimplex heater on a wall in a bedroom in my apartment that seems to have stopped working. Unfortunately I don't have the model number but I've attached a picture so hopefully someone might recognise it.

I really know nothing about heating as is probably obvious from my question, so I'd be grateful for any info on this:

- How does this work - is this a storage heater or just a normal on/off electric heater?
    - Are they difficult to repair, or how much might a new similar one cost?

Tia

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭John Electrician33

Is there any light coming on the heater when wall switched turned on? Can you hear the clock ticking on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Some_randomer

Is there any light coming on the heater when wall switched turned on? Can you hear the clock ticking on it?

Hi John, no light coming on and can't hear the clock ticking.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭RandomUsername

It's a normal on off heater with a timer not a storage heater.

Are there any breakers down at the consumer/electric board ?
    The switch to the right hand side is off (obvious I know but have to mention it)
    there is a selector switch on it it goes : off/timer/on make sure it's set to on

I'm not sure of the price of them but they'd be on the cheapest scale of heaters I'd guess about €50

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

Nope, you're looking at €100 upwards for a direct replacement dimplex convector.

That's a pretty old heater you have, the timer has been on the top of them for at least 5 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Some_randomer

Los Lobos wrote: »
    Nope, you're looking at €100 upwards for a direct replacement dimplex convector.

That's a pretty old heater you have, the timer has been on the top of them for at least 5 years.

Ya it's been there since the apartment was built, probably some time in the mid 90s. Could you recommend somewhere to buy a new one, and is it a DIY job to replace it?

• Advertisement
Advertisement