Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disadvantages of braces?

Options
  • 25-02-2015 12:42am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭

What can you not do, or what are things not recommended to do when you get braces? I play soccer, mma, and a few others, also would you be less likely to be cast for acting if you have braces?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Check out the adult braces experiance thread for info.

When braces are on the teeth its harder to clean them and takes extra time. You need to avoid certain foods that could damage the braces such as toffees. You can play contact sports with braces as you can get a special orthodontic sports guard to protect them. Depends on the acting job? If they are looking for somebody with braces then your quids in. Are you unlikely to get acting jobs if you have crooked teeth?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

If you are suitable for Invisalign braces/ clear braces then that might help re casting .

Removable braces aswell...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

OP I was competing in Taekwondo when I had braces. You can get special mouth-guards, actually even the normal (strong) ones do fine. You just have to mould them around your braces.

Dunno about acting, depends on the job I suppose! Ceramic ones are very hard to see these days.

Advertisement