Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fastway Couriers - introductory offer?

Options
  • 24-02-2015 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38,893 ✭✭✭✭

This is a bit of an odd one - been reading about various delays and cockups by Fastway, but this isn't one of those.
    They just don't charge me. There was no mention on the Parcelconnect site about the first two/three parcels being free of charge, like Parcel Motel do.
    The charge is supposed to arise when I toddle into the local petrol station to collect the parcel and I'm supposed to pay them across the counter, but so far there's been nothing - the manager has specifically assured me there's no charge listed. Thinking it might have been an introductory offer, I went along with that.
    However, there are two more parcels waiting for me to collect and on phoning the filling station, the woman there told me there's still no charge attached to them.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Tony H

my friend has had about 15 delivery's so far with parcel connect and has yet to be charged , he offered the first few times and no money was taken so now he just says thanks and walks away with his parcel .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

My understanding is that the sender pays for delivery unless you are sending it to Northern Ireland to avail of free delivery and then having it redirected here.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,893 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

My understanding is that the sender pays for delivery unless you are sending it to Northern Ireland to avail of free delivery and then having it redirected here.

Well, the UK sender is sending it to the PC depot in Antrim and PC are forwarding it to the filling station drop-off point, where I'm supposed to pay €4-ish.
    Beats me - there's a glitch in their system. What I don't want to happen is get loads of free parcels then be hit with a bill for unpaid fees once they realise it's not working right.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    Well, the UK sender is sending it to the PC depot in Antrim and PC are forwarding it to the filling station drop-off point, where I'm supposed to pay €4-ish.
    Beats me - there's a glitch in their system. What I don't want to happen is get loads of free parcels then be hit with a bill for unpaid fees once they realise it's not working right.

I don't see many options, either stay quiet in the hope you never get billed for arrears or contact PC and know for sure. The latter would be the better one imo as you know where you stand, they might even waive the fees if any are due.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,893 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

slimjimmc wrote: »
    I don't see many options, either stay quiet in the hope you never get billed for arrears or contact PC and know for sure. The latter would be the better one imo as you know where you stand, they might even waive the fees if any are due.

That's about the size of it. I signed up knowing the cost and would feel uneasy about taking them for a ride. There aren't many services of this type and it's so useful I don't want to screw the pooch.

• Advertisement
Advertisement