Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Changing 12 reg Leaf to 151 Leaf

Options
  • 24-02-2015 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭

Hi thinking of trading in my 12 reg Leaf and getting a 151 Leaf SV with cold pack. Couple of questions please;

1: Is the 6KW charger worth the extra €800? How long does it take to charge? I read here from Mad_Lad it takes 2hours for 50% but my one at the minute would only take 4-5hours for a full charge anyway so thought it would be a lot quicker?

2: The quote I got from my local Nissan dealer for PCP and trade in value, would that be standard across the dealers or do the dealers set their own rates and trade in figures?

3: I was told by Nissan it takes 4-6 weeks for the grant to be approved so the car can be released. Is that correct? Seems very long to be waiting.

Thanks guys :D

Comments

toadfly wrote: »
    1: Is the 6KW charger worth the extra €800? How long does it take to charge? I read here from Mad_Lad it takes 2hours for 50% but my one at the minute would only take 4-5hours for a full charge anyway so thought it would be a lot quicker?

Indeed I did say that, true, if it's twice as powerful it will charge twice as fast from non fast street charge points and from home if you get the 32 amp home charge point which you can't get in Ireland. The ESB won't give it to you even if you pay for it, yet they can install them for free in the U.K.
    2: The quote I got from my local Nissan dealer for PCP and trade in value, would that be standard across the dealers or do the dealers set their own rates and trade in figures?

They all fiddle the numbers a bit, but ring around, that's the only way to know.
    3: I was told by Nissan it takes 4-6 weeks for the grant to be approved so the car can be released. Is that correct? Seems very long to be waiting.

Took me less than a week. But yes, it can take longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Thanks for the reply. Which of the Nissan dealers sell the leaf as I don't think they all do?

Thanks for the reply. Which of the Nissan dealers sell the leaf as I don't think they all do?

Windsor Belgard, Nissan Wexford Town, Barlow Nissan Kilkenny.

I think the Nissan in Deansgrange ?

not sure of the rest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

Try this:

http://www.nissan.ie/find-a-dealer?type=electric

Advertisement