Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revenue Form 12a Mess up

Options
  • 24-02-2015 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi
    I am new to the work force and was requested to fill out form 12a by my company, its now been 6 weeks and I have yet to hear from the revenue office, not only that I was just informed that I messed up filling in the form by my company I forgot to tick the Claim for Tax Credits section !!
    So now I am completely ****ed my first payday is on friday. I have no idea what to do or who to contact all I got from the company was contact revenue ?

But nothing on how or what I should say etc

Plz any help would be great I am really sinking here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,074 ✭✭✭relax carry on

jamiex304 wrote: »
    Hi
    I am new to the work force and was requested to fill out form 12a by my company, its now been 6 weeks and I have yet to hear from the revenue office, not only that I was just informed that I messed up filling in the form by my company I forgot to tick the Claim for Tax Credits section !!
    So now I am completely ****ed my first payday is on friday. I have no idea what to do or who to contact all I got from the company was contact revenue ?

But nothing on how or what I should say etc

Plz any help would be great I am really sinking here

Relax. Contact Revenue to see if they processed the form yet. They may not have as it's one of the busiest times of the year for Paye areas
    areas. They also allocate standard credits as a matter of course.

If your new employer hasn't got or won't receive a tax credit cert for you by the time they process your payroll, they should operate emergency tax. Once they do receive the tax credit cert, the next time they run payroll you should receive any overpayment of tax in your wage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jamiex304

Thank you its just I am very new to all this, what exactly should I say to the revenue when i call them ?

If you dont mind

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jamiex304

also what do mean by "They also allocate standard credits as a matter of course." ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 jmcgrath

I would guess they meant stuff like automatically assuming you are registering for "PAYE tax credit" and "single person's tax credit" at a minimum. But who knows?

I called my local office (click your province and find which regional office covers your county etc). They were able to look me up by PPS number to tell me the status of the form. Give them a call.

Advertisement