Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

accident report from creche

Options
  • 24-02-2015 2:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 770 ✭✭✭

my child had an accident in our crèche and I asked for a copy of it and the owner got very defensive about it. She didn't say I could or she didn't say I couldn't have a copy of the report. we have only changed crèche recently and in the previous one we always got a copy. is there any regulations in relation to this?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Did they not ask you to sign it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

There's no requirement for a parent to sign it that I'm aware of. But they do have to provide it when asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Tina82

I have always had to sign an accident report any time something happened in the past ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 770 ✭✭✭viztopia

they asked me to sign it at the time, which I did. the person dealing with it then was very nice so I didn't make a big deal of it at the time and I also though that the bruise would just heal. Problem is that its over two months ago now and there is a clear mark on my childs face after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

If they continue refusing you could always send a registered letter asking for a copy of the incident report under Freedom of Information. Hope your child heals up soon!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

FoI applies to government departments not private enterprises. They must provide any details relating to you child as you own those details. There is no justification for them to refuse. If they do contact the Health Board who regulate creches.

Advertisement