Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Automation Career Advice

Options
  • 23-02-2015 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Im currently planning on returning to work in the automation sector. I previously worked in the area and have a mechatronics degree and am also an electrician. Before returning to work in the area I have been considering doing come courses etc to get me up to speed and make me more employable in the area as I only have approx. 1 years experience. I was thinking of learning a programming language and brushing up on my PLC skills. could anyone suggest the best language/s to learn that are of most use in industry (was thinking about C++ or VB) I know allen bradley and Seimens are the main PLCS used in industry so was considering training in one of those. Does anyone have any suggestions or is there anywhere I could go to seek advice on this.

Advertisement