Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Convert Firebird enviromax popular to run on diesel

Options
  • 23-02-2015 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hello all,
    I have a Firebird enviromax popular C35. It is currently running on kerosene, I would like to change it so that it is running on straight diesel.

I'm looking for some advice on what would needed to be done for this.

Thanks very much.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

NO, this boiler only runs on kerosene and is not designed for operation on anything else.

Plus, the boiler flue is (most likely) a low level discharge, which also in not permissible on diesel (need high level flue)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭sky6

contact Firebird direct they will tell you if it's possible and what you need to do.

They will tell you as I ddid above. Period

• Registered Users Posts: 6 DoeJohn

Hey Guys,
    Thanks for the reply.

It has a high level flue. I was on to firebird, they said this was possible but I need to get some part which I can't remember now. If any one give any detail on this, it would be great.

Please go back to Firebird again, as this boiler is not suitable for use with anything but Kero. Speak with Brendan Towmey.

Someone most likely mentioned a preheater, nowhere in the manual do you have nozzle sizing, oil pressures etc for anything but Kero, if it was compatible, it would give you this in the manual (as it did with older boilers)

339884.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭beantins

+1 for DGOBS. And even if u did go for it would it be covered for insurance??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

DoeJohn wrote: »
    Hey Guys,
    Thanks for the reply.

It has a high level flue. I was on to firebird, they said this was possible but I need to get some part which I can't remember now. If any one give any detail on this, it would be great.

You can set it up but it will need a professional to set this up for diesel, no true professional will touch it, listen to advice above.

Grant boilers did test theirs, and I have setup details, but your warranty would be void!

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭rightjob!

DGOBS wrote: »
    Grant boilers did test theirs, and I have setup details, but your warranty would be void!

what is needed to change them to run on diesel?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Why run it on a more expensive fuel ?

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

galwaytt wrote: »
    Why run it on a more expensive fuel ?

Based on what? price per litre or price per delivered KwH?

I've just looked at the Jan 2015 (most recent available online) price comparison from SEAI, and according to their report, Gas Oil is fractionally cheaper per delivered KwH than Kerosene, as there is a difference between the 2 fuels in the heat per Litre, given all other factors (boiler efficiency etc) being the same.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 6 DoeJohn

Thanks for all the replys, and it is good to know all this stuff to, but my question still remains unanswered....how to run this type of boiler on diesel?

If any one can answer this, I would be greatfull thank you.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Simply put; it's just not designed for it. Nobody should attempt to try to do this. There has been no controlled testing done to ascertain the consequences of trying to run it on diesel.

I doubt that you are going to get a different answer to your question here in this forum.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

Your question has been answered, your just not listening to it. DONT DO IT.

The manufacturer has not given you a date set to set it up:
    nozzle size, angle and pattern, pump pressure, air setting, flue gas temperature.

Advertisement