Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2nd Year NZ Visa / Getting Sponsored

Options
  • 23-02-2015 8:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hey all,

I'm currently on a one year working holiday visa and am looking to stay for another year.

I'm working for a company that is not currently on the official register of businesses that can sponsor you - does anyone know if a company can be added to this list?

Or if I got a job with a company on the list, does anyone have any experience with getting sponsored/staying a second year.

I really don't want to leave!

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 daveblinkbass

I think any company can be added to the list, however, it depends on whether your management wants to go through the process.

Can you not directly apply for a Work Visa or Work to Residency visa? If not, you can directly apply for Residency, however, it will cost you a bit.

Worst case scenario is you leave the company for an accredited employer. Accredited employers are listed on the immigration NZ website.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

Your company has to prove to IMNZ that there are no kiwis available to do the job that you're doing.

So they'll have to advertise, interview etc etc. My company was doing this but then decided to go with a Kiwi.

Advertisement