Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ways to meet people before college ??

Options
  • 22-02-2015 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hey, so I'm a deferred applicant, and I'll be going to college this coming september.. I'll be leaving home and I'll know absolutely no one.. I'm so full sure that there has to meet some people before I go to college (espec. as I have all this time now!), so I'll have people that I'll know, and also, for finding some roomies sake aswell!!
    Thanks(:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Yeah, it's called Freshers week. Beware though, friends made on Freshers week are probably not gonna be your besties in college. People are trying extra hard to be friendly and there's more often than not a fundamental mismatch in personalities and interests between Freshers week buddies.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Moomat

There's loads of opportunities to meet like minded people, getting involved with societies for example.
    You will have to put yourself out there to meet new people, get chatting to random people when you have a chance, the college is full of really sound students and staff!

This fb page may be of interest to you, I'm sure there is others like it https://www.facebook.com/groups/1457530701178671/

Advertisement