Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

*** Match Thread*** Tue Feb 24th 9pm Benildus Monks

• 22-02-2015 5:18pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭

3-0 win against the Monks last time. Should hopefully have a couple of new lads out aswell.

Cathal - In
    Ciaran -
    Damo - In
    Derek McL - in
    Ed - In
    Jules - In
    Keith - In

SteK - Out
    SteMcd -
    Dave - In
    Calvin -
    Kieran - In
    Al - Maybe
    Jack - In

New Players
    Anto O'Dea - In

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

In
    Let's get back to winning ways

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Im doubtful for this lads, been in bed with some type of winter vomitting bug since Saturday. Might be ok by tomorrow but ill be weak as fook as i havent eaten in 3 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭aodea

Looking forward to this lads. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

aodea wrote: »
    Looking forward to this lads. :)

Welcome on board. :)

• Advertisement

Welcome on board. :)

would hold off on the welcome till you see me play.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

aodea wrote: »
    would hold off on the welcome till you see me play.

I've vouched for Anto.. dont let me down :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭SteMcD1

in

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Cathal - In
    Ciaran -
    Damo - out
    Derek McL - in
    Ed - In
    Jules - In
    Keith - In

SteK - Out
    SteMcd - In
    Dave - In
    Calvin -
    Kieran - In
    Al - In
    Jack - In

New Players
    Anto O'Dea - In
    Aaron

Should be ok for tonight lads feeling a good bit better today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,333 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I'm in if you need another body lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

PARlance wrote: »
    I'm in if you need another body lads.

great, see you there.

You can stick me down as Aaron on the list if you want. Forgive my terrible username :P

You can stick me down as Aaron on the list if you want. Forgive my terrible username :P

whats your position?

whats your position?

CM, or up front.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭SteMcD1

i'm actually out. body not feeling as good as i thought this morning ;/

Always a battle against the Monks and tonight was no different.

A bit stretched waiting for Jack and Jules but we kept them limited until we were at 11.

Played very well for the rest of the game good passing, solid defense and plenty o of running out of everyone.
    We were committed to winning ball and it paid off.

1-0 Win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭asdfgh86

Yeah apologies for my lateness lads.

Thought we were playing in Colmcilles not Benildus, should've seen me speeding down the m50 when I realised my mistake!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

asdfgh86 wrote: »
    Yeah apologies for my lateness lads.

Thought we were playing in Colmcilles not Benildus, should've seen me speeding down the m50 when I realised my mistake!

The Fine is a Weeks wages ;)

Welcome to the two new lads I thought they did very well hope to see them back again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

Well done lads. Sorry I missed it. Great to hear the new lads got on well.

Cheers for the game lads, was wondering when my last game of 11 a side was in the car on the way home... think it was back in 2010!!! Have averaged about 5 games of 5-a-side a year to keep the fitness levels up ;)

Solid team you've got there and I'm definitely around for another few weeks.
    I don't think I'll be around for the summer league (I could blame having 2 kids under 2, but the truth is that I'm a golf addict and any spare time goes into that over the summer) but I'm 100% on for the next winter league.

If you're stuck over the next few weeks I'd love to play.
    My lungs have just dropped back to their normal position, they were lodged in my throat from about the 2nd minute... Think Al was getting a bit worried for my health at one stage :)

Haven't lost a game of 11 a side in 5 years! Not a bad record.

thanks for the game lads enjoyed it. The center mid for the other team played for my club so bragging rights over him be nice. :)

was a good goal to win it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

even taking into account the quality of the opposition, we seem to play much better on that pitch (or should i say defend much better) than we do in Colmcilles - i think it suits our new players better and of course its harder to create chances.

we conceded 1 chance last night and in the 4 games we have played there, weve probably only given up 5 or 6 chances combined. in Colmcilles, we are giving up 5 or 6 per game, even against the weaker teams. something to consider for next season if we are playing in Colmcilles again, as its the high volume of chances we are giving away thats killing us in those games

anyway, good win and its as solid as we have been all season and its a good sign that you win a game starting with only 9 players and not having 11 until 10+ mintues in.

even taking into account the quality of the opposition, we seem to play much better on that pitch (or should i say defend much better) than we do in Colmcilles - i think it suits our new players better and of course its harder to create chances.

we conceded 1 chance last night and in the 4 games we have played there, weve probably only given up 5 or 6 chances combined. in Colmcilles, we are giving up 5 or 6 per game, even against the weaker teams. something to consider for next season if we are playing in Colmcilles again, as its the high volume of chances we are giving away thats killing us in those games

anyway, good win and its as solid as we have been all season and its a good sign that you win a game starting with only 9 players and not having 11 until 10+ mintues in.

Yeah the other team really only created the one chance. Was pretty solid. They lacked a little bit in the middle to open Boards up. Thought that we should have scored more last night. Had some very good chances but didn't convert. Especially second half when it was a little more open should have scored a few can think of a couple of solid chances.

First time i have ever seen Ed keep a clean sheet. :D:D

If you're stuck over the next few weeks I'd love to play.
    My lungs have just dropped back to their normal position, they were lodged in my throat from about the 2nd minute... Think Al was getting a bit worried for my health at one stage :) .

Haha, I was blowing bubbles myself in that second half towards the end, yourself and Anto done very well, both really calm on the ball, great additions.

Was a bit of a scrappy game, they hadnt got much going forward but they made it awkward for us, great to get the 3 points, super finish by Jack.

Advertisement