Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting out.

Options
  • 22-02-2015 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭

Hi . Just a question to some people who may be able to help. I'm looking to start filming something which will require me to interview people outside. All my recording so far has been done on a digital camera.

Does anyone have any recommendations on where I may obtain a good quality affordable camera and mic? If not renting may be an option but I don't really know what I should be on the lookout for.

Will also need a good editing kit, any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Recording audio outside can be difficult. You don't need to find a camcorder with mic built in. It's usually better to use dedicated audio equipment to record sound separately and combine them in post. Outdoor recording will probably require additional equipment to counter all the random noises you get outside. Would recording them in front of a big window achieve the same effect?

I don't know where you'd rent them but they can be rented. All I really know is the connectors the professional stuff uses are xlr connectors.

Advertisement