Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orthodontist Galway

Options
  • 21-02-2015 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Looking for recommendations. visited <snip> for clear braces but very pricey.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Nikita28

<snip>Salthill. I paid 4500 euro overall (by direct debit every month) + 150 euro consultation visit. Treatment 18months, finshed end of September 2014. Everything done with no problems. Nice nurses with great knowledge as well.

My friend continued treatment with them (started in other country). She's happy with their service as well.

Ps. I had traditional braces.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭inbrodericko

Are they better than *SNIP*

I visited him for consultation after appointment with<snip> wasn't happy with his offer and way of treatment of my case. He wanted to put screws into my jaw and offered more expensive form of braces (hidden - brackets inside), offered longer treatment time (minimum 2 years, <snip> did it in 18 months without additional costs and screws in my jaw). He told me an amount of treatment, and then with every single additional thing he was adding some euros...

My appointment was at 1pm. They have lunch break at 12-1. There was nobody until 1:15, I was waiting on staircase, without any chair, nobody opened door for me and let me go to waiting room... What make me angrier, he was touching my freshly done tooth (3 hours before I had root canal treatment) - and commented "Oh I just was thinking that it is fresh treatment... am I right?"... WTF!?... He asked me about prices of other dentists and other orthodontists... and... if you want to go to consultation room, you need to pass room with visits by going trough - people are sitting on ortho-chairs and you just walk next to them, then you come back the same way! So hygenic...

Lady from reception called me few times with asking if I decided for treatment. She stopped after 5 calls, after I sent an e-mail that I am not interested. It happend to my other friend as well, so be careful with giving them your phone number. They are like telemarketers...

Positives? He was really nice, he explained EVERYTHING about plan of treatment, what he would do, why he would do it, how it's going to work. He has knowledge and is willing to talk to patient about that (*SNIP* doesn't speak about his work at all, only sometimes when he has to explain what patient should do until next visit). I understood my treatment with *SNIP* a bit better.

Maybe treatment could go well, maybe better, maybe worse. I didn't try, can't compare. One of my friend was happy with his treatment and she has beatiful smile. I can't say they are bad in their job, I just say I didn't like that place at all...

You can try, if he still offers free consultations, then you will choose the best option. Good Luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Whats with the spacing out the name? No names allowed as you obviously know and are trying to circumvent. Nikita28 & inbrodericko infraction given.

How can I recommend/not recommend someone without giving names? are addressess or phone numbers allowed? links to maps in Google Maps? or everyone must contact by PMs? all posts will look like "send me PM with questions, I will tell you everything"? how it's going to help others looking for help in the same topic??

I just try to understand it. Especially that some people really deserve their recommendations.

ok... inbrodericko, if you have any additional questions, let me know in PM.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

All names by PM only please. You can say you went to an orthodontist and this is my experience good or bad. If anyone want to know the name please PM me. This is not trip advisor and we dont allow named reviews. Please read the charter before publishing somebodys name without permission.

Advertisement