Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

R9290x vs 4k BDM4065UC

Options
  • 21-02-2015 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

Hi All,

I've got 2 pretty basic hardware question...

1) Would my single Windforce R9290x be able to push out ye ol' pixels at 60fps on high settings for AAA games (e.g. Shadows of Mordor, Atilla Total War, Dragon Age etc.) on a single 4k monitor (I'm looking at the 40" Phillips BDM4065UC).

2) I know that over Dual-link DVI or HDMI it will max out at 30fps in 4k, but would it be able to push 60fps at 1080p like on a normal monitor? I ask that because run an Eyefinity triple monitor setup for racing sim games, so I'm interested to know if 3x 4k monitors can work as 3x 1080p monitors at the same GPU workload.

I'm trying to decide if I can take the plunge to get the 40" 4k monitor now, or wait about a year for the graphics card technology to catch up and then buy in.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Vandall

Hi

290X in Shadow of Mordor at 3840x2160 @ max settings reaches between 15 and 26 fps...

i can't post links so please google : SAPPHIRE Radeon R9 290X Tri-X benchmarked at 4K

and find more info i.e. tweaktown

hope this helps.

Vann

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

It won't push 4K at ultra settings obviously, but it will push 4K fine at high settings.

The monitor will do 60fps at 4K.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Greylor

Advertisement