Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friday

Options
  • 20-02-2015 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,406 ✭✭✭✭

Someone call animal welfare quick, because old boy Steel City Boy runs again in the 5:45 at Wolverhampton today. I don't think there's a horse in training that has run 8 times already in this calendar year, but going by form, there is obviously very good reason why they're sending this one out, as it has finished 2nd in 4 of those 8 races. Today sees it out in a bottom grade class 7 race, which is what it has been competitive on. As it's an apprentice race, usual trainer/rider Ann Stokell hands over the ride to Charlie Bennett, who looks to be one of the better riders in this contest. 6/1 widely available.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Chijj

Haven't had a proper look just yet but like the look of afarabby In the last at Wolverhampton. Should be too strong for that race IMO.

Will have a look at lunch time for a few selections during. The day

Chijj

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Little Arrows in the 8:05 Dundalk is down to a dangerously good mark and is worth at go e/w at 16s

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Timjoe in the 8.35 has some nice recent form behind Sharjah and Minot Street.
    Draw suits his running style andthe effect of first time blinkers will hopefully lead to improvement.
    Fairly poor race and 25/1 is a nice price.
    I'd also be interested in Flaring Forth if he gets a run, interesting step up in trip.

Maknificent might outrun her price in the fillies maiden, stable have been picking up some really nice horses.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,406 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Asian Wing in the 8:35 has cost me a small fortune and going by form, there's nothing to suggest it justifies favoritism. However I watched it last week when I thought it was given a very tender ride, being kept out back and not produced until it was far too late. I know this is a hold up horse, but I would want to see this one starting to pick up from about 2 furlong out. Suspect that last weeks run was just that, something to get the horse back into the swing of things for today. Robbie Downey has the ride today, like this lad a lot, so hopefully he can get this one going. 4/1 Corals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭sting60

Dundalk 8.35.The Mount Flora race is key to the outcome here IMO.Poker Gold was sent of a staggeringly short 2/1 chance( must have showing something) but never showed.Excelli ran well in second but well held now 9lbs wrong at weights tonight.Asian Wing was a serious eyecatcher but I was not the only one to notice as he is short in the betting.This brings me to the horse I really like Crecora 10/1.He was a reserve in the race mentioned and I thought he was the only horse that could trouble Mount Flora and as 2nd reserve I knew he would not get in.Back at his distance very well handicapped good jockey retained(would have had plenty of choices).6.35 Moss Nation I have put up recently only to see see him jog around a very well handicapped horse but he is drawn in the Cooley peninsula here.A horse who is now dangerously well handicapped is Danequest20/1and Manning stays on board.6.05 Prairie Rose 4/1 put up here last time she looked liked she needed the race and has headgear fitted for first time tonight.3.30 Lingfield Saskia's Dream 4/1 really caught the eye last time but trainer would be a major negative for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Chijj

nimble Kimble 16:30 lingfield, should place at least & has the backing of the market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

^^^^^^ Crecora.

10/1 ???

Can only get 5/1.

tomaussie wrote: »
    ^^^^^^ Crecora.

10/1 ???

Can only get 5/1.
    10/1 this morning. Seen it, but passed over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

10/1 this morning. Seen it, but passed over.

Maybe it was this morning but it wasn't 44 minutes ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭irish_major

Asian Wing in the 8:35 has cost me a small fortune and going by form, there's nothing to suggest it justifies favoritism. However I watched it last week when I thought it was given a very tender ride, being kept out back and not produced until it was far too late. I know this is a hold up horse, but I would want to see this one starting to pick up from about 2 furlong out. Suspect that last weeks run was just that, something to get the horse back into the swing of things for today. Robbie Downey has the ride today, like this lad a lot, so hopefully he can get this one going. 4/1 Corals.

Is expected to win. Johnny doesn't get it wrong too often

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

racing_horse_problems_540.jpg

Here we go again. This time to get 7 out of 7 tonight in Dundalk :rolleyes: however there are a couple of races I think will be very hard to call tonight.

6.05 Shushu sugartown
    6.35 Fairy Foxglove
    7.05 Fastidious
    7.35 Maira
    8.05 Eloge
    8.35 Exceli
    9.05 Zeftan

As always a big shout out to Tom Dooley (18/1) who runs again!!!!! Poor feckers confidence must be destroyed at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

have storming strumpet in Exeter and gung Ho jack in the next at Lingfield

Gave up on Tom Dooley.... AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

BOOOOLLLLLLLLIXXXXXX

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

Me too, absolutely sick

mr.jingle wrote: »
    Me too, absolutely sick

As did connections.. Had 150 on him two weeks ago!!:

Glad I chose to not back him rather than miss him I guess...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

.... and then they put Hussey on him.

Absolute dream run. Where whey all running off ?

Little arrows bound to pop up tonight!

STB. wrote: »
    .... and then they put Hussey on him.

Absolute dream run. Where whey all running off ?

Little arrows bound to pop up tonight!

And timjoe:)

Tsar Paul given a beautiful ride out the back too, he'll be dropping down a few lbs for the next few weeks by the looks of that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

BOOOOLLLLLLLLIXXXXXX

For fu*k sake. Draw put me off today. Sic.

Is Dessie on tonight? Have a nice day or have a great day he'll be in hell with them two!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭curioser

mr.jingle wrote: »
    Is Dessie on tonight? Have a nice day or have a great day he'll be in hell with them two!
    It's Dessie all right.

In fairness he called them ok!

You'd be ripping if you had backed Salvado there, had the race in its pocket!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Just got word for Bairns at Bay in 735, second hand from a friend who is at a business dinner and dont know how the source is connected, my friend was told to lump on by a guy he does a lot of business with. Just passing it on

Shemale wrote: »
    Just got word for Bairns at Bay in 735, second hand from a friend who is at a business dinner and dont know how the source is connected, my friend was told to lump on by a guy he does a lot of business with. Just passing it on

Sorry if you followed, Well its clear yer man is a bull****ting ****

Shemale wrote: »
    Sorry if you followed, Well its clear yer man is a bull****ting ****
    Afraid he is full of it.

After having no runners last week at Dundalk we return tonight with just the two runners. I've said all along that we had little or nothing to run for this winter series as the programe just does not suit my string but the few we have run have done well or been moved on.

Prairie Rose drops to 7f for her second start for me but be warned as I'm probably just grasping at straws and going for the weakest type of race. She's a lovely Exceed and Excel filly that has a great temperament but is just lacking in ability. I've been asked to try and win a little one before she heads to the covering sheds. When you stand into her she's a very tall filly and to be fair probably still a bit weak but it will need to be a poor race for her to win.
    Bairns at Bay is a typical Big Bad Bob type that has ability and tries hard for you. We've taken our time with her as the last few fillies maidens up here have been above average so hopefully tonight's race is not as strong! Her mark is 78 and that's probably where she is at the moment, so if one of these can run to an 80+ then we will be found out. With any luck she can break her maiden and give her very enthusiastic owner some winter cheer.
    The rest of my string is progressing nicely and we look to have a lovely bunch for the new season. This is always the most exciting time of the year as we don't yet know our fate. It's when I can look you in the eye in about a months time and tell you how I rate them that the pain comes! Or should I say when the bubbles burst!

But for now I've a yard full of potential stars and long may that continue.

Ger Lyons

Most trustworthy trainer in the business , pity a few others didn't follow suit
    #somecouldntlieinbedstraight

• Registered Users Posts: 35,816 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Attrction Ticket 20-1 ew 8.05
    Good record here over this distance.

No interest in competing tonight .

Red Shuttle 22-1 8.14
    I like ew /
    Ran well last time out.

NO room, would have won with ease.

Afraid he is full of it

Put a dent in my Chelt fund, bastard.

She was looking around and downed tools when she got company. Might keep an eye on her to see if headgear is fitted.

• Advertisement

Cristys Call 25 -1 ew
    Ran ok here last time out from a break.
    Think it can go better here .

Advertisement