Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Educational Policy & Reform

Options
  • 19-02-2015 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

I'm trying to find an MA/MSc where I can get into the area of Educational Policy and Reform, funding, economics, etc. Can anyone recommend a way into a career like this?

Bear in mind I have a 2.2 in Business. I've always been interested in the area of Social Entrepreneurship and have scored very highly in this. My primary interest is in Education Reform as I've always felt ranks in society are still divided (on a national scale as well as international). I have traced the internet and cannot come up with the most suitable course of action - please help!

Also - I would absolutely consider travelling abroad to get educated in this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

You could look at an MA in education. I took policy as a module as part of my own studies (I'm doing and EdD, but we took MA modules). You could potentially do your thesis in that area. You don't need an education background, my background is in IT/Computer Science.

I'm doing mine in the UK. PM me if you want more details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭innad

Your other option would be to look at social policy courses, and then focus your dissertation on education policy.

Advertisement