Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IT Jobbridge internship experience

Options
  • 19-02-2015 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi!

Is there anyone who has been on this internship as IT trainee or something similar?
    Would love to know if it's possible to find a paid job afterwards with just leaving cert and the gained experience.

Thanks for the replies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

I'd say you'd have almost no chance unless you have some experience already In the field. with the amount of graduates from college you'll really struggle.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭CSSE09

Funnily enough I heard today that someone that came in on a job bridge was offered a permanent contract, it happens but it would be hard no doubt about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭karenalot

My partner did a 9 month Web Development JobBridge internship 2.5 years ago. He did have a degree but in an unrelated field and had no prior web development experience.

After putting his heart and soul in to his new career and building an impressive online portfolio he has recently secured a new job for 52k in Dublin. It's not bad considering 2.5 years ago he was on €188 a week.

His employer by no means gave him the training that he was promised but he got on with it, asked to be involved in projects that arose, came home and studied what he had learned that day and badgered the other developers with constant questions.

Finding a paid job with experience is much easier than finding a job with none. JobBridge gets a bad rep (deservedly so sometimes) but it worked for him as he would have had a very hard time getting his foot in the Web Development door without it.

Advertisement